corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » overheating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author overheating
Charlie12345

User status: Offline
28th Apr 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a rover 25 k series engine i think its a 1.4 2000reg

i drove it yesterday for about an hour fine today took it about 15 minutes down the road and it started over heating its getting to like into the red but i had to stop let it cool down for about 20 minutes to get it home, a while ago i put rad weld in my car cse it was over heating this was almost 5 months ago and it was fine since its not losing water out of the header tank :S
monkeytwizzel

28th Apr 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you check on the net i think you may find that the k series rover engine is prone for head gaskets going and distorting the head sometimes as far as the block needing to be skimmed.
Richie

28th Apr 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As monkey says the K series engines are well known for this nonsense. I've also got an S reg rover 25 down the farm with the same problem, it's scrap now really.
Charlie12345

29th Apr 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also about 5 months ago it was over heating losing water so i put rad weld in maybe not a good idea cse not really have a clue tbf, and now in the header tank its all brown and sticky probably rad weld so possible my coolant system is blocked? not losing any water and the fan kicks in :S
WukaChop

29th Apr 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing you should know though, if a K series head goes once, it'll go again, and again, and again, etc.
If you want to keep hold of the car, consider the £200 gasket conversion, honestly it's worth it.
Charlie12345

30th Apr 13 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i go about emptying my header tank so i can try and flush it out if its blocked?

New Poll