corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cam/timing belt Help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cam/timing belt Help please
csifku

User status: Offline
14th May 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my timing belt, dont ask why cos i dont know why too, iwanted to take out head and do valve seals and check lifters but given up atm ..

i try to put it back, its old cam belt but no cracks or anything wrong with it

look how i ended, is that goin to be ok ??

boomtings1

14th May 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half a tooth out on the crank is a full tooth out on the cams.
csifku

14th May 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boomtings1
half a tooth out on the crank is a full tooth out on the cams.

thank you mate thanks for trytin to help me , respect .. usually when on HELP , i see thread about some serious question, noone reply, but if is silly question as what bonnet to put or what color to paint my wheels, the same thread is full with replies ...
davegreen
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't worry about the marks on the water pump pulley, get a friend to help you by inserting the crank pulley bolt to hold the crank on the timing mark while you fit the belt over the cam pulleys exhaust, inlet then water pump and tensioner last.
csifku

15th May 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
don't worry about the marks on the water pump pulley, get a friend to help you by inserting the crank pulley bolt to hold the crank on the timing mark while you fit the belt over the cam pulleys exhaust, inlet then water pump and tensioner last.

i took it off today again so will do it tomorrow, davegreen thanks mate. i wanna ask u too , is that thing really important ? I broke one of the things on my exhaust cam shaft puley ... the 4 diff size ones that stick out of the pulley and goes to the sensor next to it, hope u know what i mean, i will try to stick it in with tiger seal or something but do u think it will come out or i need proper pulley to buy :/
davegreen
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 06:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you mean the lugs that stick out of the front of the pulley then yes as they trigger the camshaft sensor. you should be able to get one for a few £ in the breakers or ebay.

New Poll