corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Another t4 project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another t4 project
Neil Dagens

User status: Offline
19th May 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this van in January this year to replace my 79 bay window, with the intention of using it as my daily. Picked it up from Bournemouth and it was pretty much what I was after (lowered, lined etc.) So straight away I set about giving it a really good clean! After a long day it was clayed, polished and waxed so went and took some pictures. I also removed some of the stickers from the previous owner and put some of my own on!

I also found out it was in issue 2 of VWt magazine on the cool wall so was pretty chuffed with that!

Since then I've replaced the gear knob with a chrome item and returned to the original gear gator. I also found the standard seats uncomfortable on long journeys, so I went ahead and bought some audi tt mk2 items. They're really comfy and were definitely worth the trip to Birmingham to collect! It took some figuring out how I was going to get them to fit, but they're finally in after using some 100x100mm box section and 50mm strips!

Eventually I'll get around to spraying up the bases or making a wooden boxing for them. But overall I'm really happy how they turned out, especially the swivelled passenger side.

I also started thinking about what I want in the back of the van, I was toying with the idea of getting a RIB bed, but decided I couldn't justify the cost. So then it was down to either a bongo seat or carravelle and then having a storage box in the boot space to complete the bed. Ended up getting a bongo one off ebay with rails so that's my next job!

My plan is to have some narrow units down the side with a tall wardrobe with a tambour door and a fridge and hob up behind the drivers seat, so essentially an 'L' arrangement.
BeetleGav

19th May 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the rear without a window looks clean with it being white
Tiger

20th May 13 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it!
Neil Dagens

8th Jul 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few bits done since I last updated. First, the boring stuff, got 4 new tyres to see it through its MOT. £260 for 4 fitted!

Now I've started ripping out the interior. Im keeping it pretty simple and just having the bongo seat with a storage/sub box behind to form a bed. I will also be doing the headlining in grey suede to try and brighten the back up. Still unsure of what flooring ill be using but looking at altro flooring ATM.

First job, get up the old floor held down with a ridiculous amount of trim clips, rivets and bolts!

I also removed the side panels to make it easier to remove the floor. Looks like the previous owner did a good job of insulating too?

Then attached the seat to the runners, found the best position and bolted it all down

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow to show the adjustment, but really happy with how it's turned out.
Tiger

8th Jul 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get load rated tyres?
Neil Dagens

8th Jul 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, all the correct ratings. The bloke distributes to all the other garages in the area so is always cheaper than everywhere else
Tiger

8th Jul 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for some extra load tyres at the minute for an idea on price, it's tough coz I'm after 235/40/18's and there aren't many about.
Neil Dagens

28th Dec 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

Got a bit more done since the summer, but not as much as I'd have liked but with a wedding coming up and moving house it's on the back burner atm! Got all the seat bolted in, bolted it through the floor and put some strengtheners underneath. Then built the floor up using 25mm wooden batons sikaflex'd down, filled the spaces up with 25mm celotex board then 4mm ply on top of that. I then laid some altro flooring on top of that to finish off! Then the old bulkhead panels were reduced by 25mm and thrown back up!

I also renewed the headlining above the cab, the rear will be the same but not got round to that bit yet!

I also gave it a wash and removed the mudflats as I've always hated them! And ended up selling them for £62!! Think it looks a lot cleaner now

I also sprayed around the window where the previous owner had roughly cut the carpet to fit the side window. I was going to carpet the area but as I had curtains going there anyway I decided it wasn't worth buying more carpet!

Bit of late night spraying!

Sprayed and curtains fitted,

Also got the other side window curtains for Xmas so got them fitted too

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get the roof lining done and the lights back up in the back. I've also just bought some pressed plates and storage nets for the back so I'll get them done tomorrow hopefully!

recarouk

28th Dec 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks cracking does that, really coming together
taylorboosh

29th Dec 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats cool i agree
ChazSXi

30th Dec 13 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seats heated?
Neil Dagens

30th Dec 13 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
The seats heated?

They've got the heaters in them, but not wired them in yet. Need to buy some switches from an a3 and get the wiring sorted. Why?
ChazSXi

30th Dec 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neil Dagens
quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
The seats heated?

They've got the heaters in them, but not wired them in yet. Need to buy some switches from an a3 and get the wiring sorted. Why?

Wondered if you fancied a swap for full leathers!
Neil Dagens

30th Dec 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate, think I'd get told off! It's cold enough in the van if I had full leather the gf would flip, especially if I never get round to heating them. I've also ground off all the locators on the bottom!
Neil Dagens

16th Jun 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a lot on the van since I last updated, firstly, I got the headlining finished and fitted some ikea kitchen units to the back. I was going to make some myself but I've bought a house and was soon to get married so wanted it all done quick. Made an ash ply Worktop and shelves at work to finish it off. Also bought a cab divider curtain so that went up as well!

I made some track covers for the sliding rails, makes it look a bit neater in my opinion and stops all the dirt falling in them!

Then I decided to get some new wheels, I needed to get a new tyre anyway to get it through its MOT so bit the bullet and went and picked them up from bmautosport. Always wanted a set of these on it so I'm really happy with it atm!

They're dare rs 18" 8" fronts and 9.5" rears with a bit of a stretch on the tyres.

Still have to reattach the splitter as the bottom of the bumper looks tatty. I've also bought some chrome door handle covers from van-x but they've not arrived yet. I'm also on the look out for some 60mm BBS centres, but can't seem to find any at the moment?

gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those seats look sooooooo comfy wonder if I could wedge some in my b looks ace the van especially with the new alloys the blue was a bit marmite. Keep up the good work
BeetleGav

16th Jun 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn that got good!
Keep looking at them wheels for the z4 but I think I've decided on some others now
Neil Dagens

16th Jun 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, the seats are so much better than the standard ones it came with! I've still got the rear bench from the audi as well, so may look at using the material off of it to cover the vans rear seat. Unsure of the cost of that though?

Would have liked to space the wheels out a bit on the back but then I'd have to buy a wedge for the sliding door, it just misses the lip as it is!

That's funny, I looked at CHs for this before I got these, why the change?
BeetleGav

16th Jun 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fancy a change, mine came from bmautosport too. I'm thinking 3sdm's
Sean

16th Jun 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work at bmautosport, did I speak to you when you came and got the rs? Think it was the week mark was away I said I could sort logos out when we get some if you hadnt already found them? ( the big lad that works there lol) van looks great btw! You should send mark some pictures for the facebook page

[Edited on 16-06-2014 by Sean]
Neil Dagens

17th Jun 14 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
I work at bmautosport, did I speak to you when you came and got the rs? Think it was the week mark was away I said I could sort logos out when we get some if you hadnt already found them? ( the big lad that works there lol) van looks great btw! You should send mark some pictures for the facebook page

erm, im not sure? it was about 3 weeks ago I came in, on a Sunday it was the last set of wheels you did before you closed up! And it was absolutely chucking it down! Cant remember about the centre caps though? You suppied me with Dare ones but im on the look out for different ones. The car in before mine was a black merc with like 20" black split rims being fitted?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the T4! Any photos when the back is in sleep mode? What are your plans? have you been away in it yet or just using as the daily?
derick-sport

17th Jun 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rimstyle.co.uk do the bbs centre caps for these buddy! Van looks awesome man would love a t4
Sean

18th Jun 14 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neil Dagens
quote:
Originally posted by Sean

erm, im not sure? it was about 3 weeks ago I came in, on a Sunday it was the last set of wheels you did before you closed up! And it was absolutely chucking it down! Cant remember about the centre caps though? You suppied me with Dare ones but im on the look out for different ones. The car in before mine was a black merc with like 20" black split rims being fitted?

Yeah I remember, not the same customer I was thinking of thoigh I was out back tiring it all up those mercs wheels were very wide werent they lol!
Neil Dagens

15th Jul 14 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure where all my other pics went? :confused:

Anyway, I bought some 60mm BBS centres for the new wheels. Bought them from bmautosport for £20! Cheers Sean!

I also bought some Van X chrome handles, really impressed with the quality and totally transformed the van.

As there was more chrome I also stripped the white off the rear vw badge so it was back to the original finish.

Then I sticker bombed the fuel flap as well as it's getting a bit rusty

[Edited on 15-07-2014 by Neil Dagens]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Another t4 project 23 database queries in 0.0154290 seconds