corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Buying Glasses Online (for eyes)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying Glasses Online (for eyes)
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
29th May 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an eye test on friday, not been for many years, i only went last time about 8yrs ago as i broke my glasses.

Anyone buy online? I hate choosing new glasses, i always gone for very light glasses with as little frame as possible, almost framless.

But trying on everyones plastic framed chunky old lady glasses they all tell me thats what i should go for?

I notice most designer glasses come in one size only, not sure what to look at really, quite like ones like theo pothesis (dragons den).

I have no budget, skys the limit
Jamie Walby

29th May 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my last pair online as I particularly wanted some Oakley ones and no where local did them.

Was pretty straight forward, like you say was a one size jobby and I just had to enter my prescription.
Welsh Dan

29th May 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the opticians, try a few pairs on. Write the frame number down and buy online. Saved myself a fortune doing it that way.
Rob_Quads

29th May 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my Oakleys online as I was able to get the glasses with top branded lenses for less than the frame alone was costing from the high-street brand. Saved a fortune when you included a comparable lense
3CorsaMeal

29th May 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see you can get varying thickness of lense, up to 50% thinner, but quite a leap in price from 40% to 50%, i imagine most people get the 40%
Rob_Quads

29th May 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind that the thickness of lens is connected to the prescription. If its very mild then you won't need a thick lens so the difference between 40% & 50% would be virtually unnoticeable but on a high prescription where you have a thick lens the difference would be more noticeable

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Buying Glasses Online (for eyes) 22 database queries in 0.0120769 seconds