corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitted my sportex, its now melting the bumper.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitted my sportex, its now melting the bumper.
BenC1985

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. I fitted the sportex but at first it was hanging low and swinging about. I went a bought some smaller rubbers and it sits alot better. Only thing is its against the bumper and starting to melt it abit. I didnt have to push the exhaust up too far to get it on the rubbers so its not too tight against the bumper. Would you just leave it to make a groove the clean the plastic off or try some slightly longer rubbers and have it hanging down???

Thanks Ben
Generation

3rd Jun 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I let mine make a grove
BenC1985

3rd Jun 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i thought. I will let it get hot to work and back all week then drop it back off the hangers and clean the rear bumper edges up with a stanley knife and scrape the melted plastic off the tip of the backbox. Cheers for your help.
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, I left it to make a grove and just cut away the melted plastic as and when.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine made its grove on the way to Santa pod 4 years ago down the motorway. Made a right fucking mess of the backbox and I couldn't clean it when I got there
BenC1985

3rd Jun 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the melted plastic come off though?
Christopher

3rd Jun 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck trying to get melted plastic off your back box! Needs like sanding off and polishing back up!
BenC1985

3rd Jun 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? I WILL get it off the backbox. Lol I will re heat it if i have to and remove it with a blade. Lol
Christopher

3rd Jun 13 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove back from PV last year and mine had done the same and it was black burnt on to shit! Never got it off! Best of luck though buddy
Generation

3rd Jun 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumper forms around it so can't see mess anyway. Got mine off with a blade when cold then polished after.
tom130691
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i let mine burn too, but i never clean the tip anyway
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reworked my scorpion box so it fitted better with standard rubbers after seeing the mess other had on their tail pipes from burnt bumpers. cut and rewelded hangers. will be at pvs if you want to see what I did.
BenC1985

4th Jun 13 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no pics of it before i changed the rubbers,but it looked weird hanging down. I may just leave it how it is but clean the edge of the bumper up once its made a groove and try and clean the tip up. I like how it sits no and its not like you can really see the melted bumper unless you get down on your knees and actually look.
nibnob21
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some poly bushes I'm not using that you can have for a fiver or something.

These ones:

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/i/product_images/EXH011%20WEB.pdf

So you've got a choice of the height you can hang the backbox at, then cut away any excess.

They're a bit grubby but they were only on the car for a couple of weeks.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll