corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went to a kit car show today............

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Went to a kit car show today............
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jun 13 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And really want to build another.

For those that don't know/remember I built this a few years ago

Sold it and built a 206 track car but sold that before my wedding and now want something else.

Got tempted by a MEV rocket

More modern looking car based on a mk1 focus. recommended to use a 1.8 petrol as a donor and with 120bhp gives it 240/tonne and excellent handling.

Also liked the look of a GBS Zero

The younger sister to my 2B at the top. Finish on them is really good and looked great.

Now need to decide what to go for

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an R1 engine'd caterham sytle at Mallory today my lord it was quick!!
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really liked the way the MEVs look, obviously it's supposed to look like an Atom but it looks like an Atom built by a blind guy in a shed in Birmingham on a Friday afternoon.

The other looks ok, are they typical Seven style where you can use whatever engine you like or are the choices more limited?
Ben G

15th Jun 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't beat the lotus 7 type one's imo. the newer ones like that rocket look a bit like a fake aerial atom.
Ste
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Zero is intended for a 2l zetec engine, but you can put in what you like. I was thinking a Z20LER

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an horrific kit car itch. One for a few years time when I've got some garage space.

I'd be looking at a bike engined lotus7 style, I want a sequential box in one!

The thought of working on a car with every bolt being brand new gives me a bit of a lob on tbh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
WukaChop

15th Jun 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Never really liked the way the MEVs look, obviously it's supposed to look like an Atom but it looks like an Atom built by a blind guy in a shed in Birmingham on a Friday afternoon.

Sorry I got bored yesterday

I know it's still the obvious choice but a Caterham/Lotus 7 maybe? But do something to the engine, e.g a Hayabusa one or something?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell,Ian looks young!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
taylorboosh

15th Jun 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And slim
Ben J

15th Jun 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get the fuss over bike engined kits tbh. If you want a bike engine, buy a motorbike. Just my opinion like.

I've been out in a Z-cars bike engined mini btw. Was bonkers but isn't a car IMO.

[Edited on 15-06-2013 by Ben J]
Colin

15th Jun 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The systems engineer at my works building a westie megabussa.
AlexW

15th Jun 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Don't get the fuss over bike engined kits tbh. If you want a bike engine, buy a motorbike. Just my opinion like.

I share this view. I have had bikes and I think a bike engine should be left in a bike. Car engine is much better suited to a car, funny that really!
tom130691
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

[Edited on 15-06-2013 by Ben J]

never as quick as bike and munch threw clutchs, reving at 6k too pull away in the middle of town is going to make you look a tosser
Lee_fr200

15th Jun 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to J100 rsa he's building a mev trike with motorbike engine for a kit car magazine and it looks awesome
Gary
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mev exocet and supercharge it
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has just completed his rocket build but custom built most of the stock chassis; I'll get pics when I'm next time I'm at his unit; his is all carbon though with modified roll hoop and suspension geometry
Ben J

16th Jun 13 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While we are talking kit cars....any excuse

[Edited on 16-06-2013 by Ben J]
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your Dad not got that bonnet badge in the middle yet?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
All Torque

16th Jun 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Build a Cobra rep Get a genuine Ford 427 engine too.
Ben J

16th Jun 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Your Dad not got that bonnet badge in the middle yet?

It genuinely is in the middle! Still don't know why the pic makes it look off centre
andys sxi
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a car forsale soon, would be be a good engine for your kit car , it's a 1.8t ibiza cupra

April 08 feature car
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 13 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really liked the MEV Rocket.

Looks the less faffy build - ie. fewer panels, less trim. Cheapest to put an engine in with the Focus/Puma combo donor.

GBS Zero is the nicer looking car but Vauxhall power would still need sump and bell housing mods and I'm not convinced about the drive. Less room than the Rocket as well.

Shame we didn't get to see an SDR V-Storm -

The better looking of the Atom inspired cars although its bike engined while I also don't love. Rather use Ford parts from a car I can buy for beer money.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 13 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Bloody hell,Ian looks young!

That pic is about 2003 I think.
Ste
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

22nd May 2003

J100RSA

16th Jun 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm building a mev / rtr tr1ke nearly ready for msva

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went to a kit car show today............ 23 database queries in 0.0173910 seconds