corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Rant
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
   16th Jul 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurnace was due next month so thought I would start to look at quotes etc for renewall and get the ball rolling. Churhcill, who I am currently with, came out the cheapest by some way at £630 a year compared to last yuear where i paid £775.

CAlled them and they saiod me automatic renewell would be £805! Told them I had been quoted £630 online and they matched it! shows how much of a joke it is!

Couldn't beleive that in 5 seconds they had knocked nearly £200 off! Got to wait for my Meerkat to arrive now also

Anyone else found things like this?

nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Elephant and last year I was paying roughly £400. Renewal then came through at about £320.

Admiral, who are part of the same company could do it for £200. So a quick call to Elephant and they matched that price instead. Bit daft when they're the same people lol.

MX5 Project Thread
Ad Blue B

16th Jul 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the time?

Admiral charged me £950 last year, got my renewal through for £1400, rang them after finding a quote for £500 and they then matched it,

A mate used to work for an insurance company and he said that some try and put your renewal up as so many people don't check or contest it...
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never just renew. Every year I call up and just say "gimme a better price"

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jul 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all do this and hope for the people who don't call and just pay it.
tobyc20xe

16th Jul 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My renew come back at just over 3k :O thry wouldn't go down on price,one call to someone else and got it to £800
Jay

16th Jul 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
They all do this and hope for the people who don't call and just pay it.

My dad fell for this, we share a work van and he rang me the other day and said "van insurance renewal has gone up from £700 to £1300, I've paid it" was fuming
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14 or 10 day cooling off period and you can cancel it as pay a minimum charge. Look in the small print!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Rant 23 database queries in 0.0088520 seconds