corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Corsa!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Corsa!
ThatWayneBloke

User status: Offline
11th Aug 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I bought a corsa b sport x16xe last week, didn't cost much cos it was an MOT failure, but I thought it'd be worth a gamble as the body looks like its it vgc.

It's failed on (by a garage known for failing passable items):
Front Brake hoses
Emissions
Brake compensator
Loads of bulbs
Hazard switch.

Looking at these pics, would you say the brake hoses were passable?

For the emissions, I think they were just trying to blag it because there was no actual emissions report... Everything else was there but no emissions report.

The hazard switch is getting sorted soon, as soon as I figure out how to get the old one out... just pull the old one out or remove the centre console?

The rear brake compensator, Vauxhall say it's normally the spring that fails, and it's only £2. Anyone got any experience with these?

I've spotted the alternator belt tensioner isn't running true to the belt as well... I can get to it by pulling the airbox out, is it an easy change?

As soon as it's MOT'ed I'll get it polished then get some pics up
Sean

12th Aug 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't even really see the brake hose in the pictures you've put up.. Has it failed for being rusty or the hose itself cracked? With the load valve just grease it up and work it if its not failed for being incomplete. Emmisions are your biggest worry, take it back to them and ask for the printout they will have to have one for record
shaned12345

12th Aug 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hazard light switch just pulls out.
Compensator will be the spring or if that is there it's siezed. WD40 will soon sort that.

Can't see much of the hose, check for perishing in the rubber. And clean the metal bit.
ThatWayneBloke

12th Aug 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubber on the hoses is fine, as far as I can see the garage were trying to get as much labour as possible. They've failed almost every corner on the car on something stupid. Tbh tho i can see why theyve failed a headlight, some douche completely butchered the loom! I'm taking it elsewhere to get it done tomorrow, hopefully they'll be more honest
davieslim

14th Aug 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can see that the rubber on the top of the flexi has swelled up due to thermal underneath corroding it swells then fails but I've seen worse, I'd wire brush thermal parts and have it retested
Toby
Premium Member

15th Aug 13 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake flexi's are going to be pocket change. Probably be about 30 for both fronts. I would change them. Would never gamble with anything like that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Corsa! 22 database queries in 0.0103791 seconds