corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any police officers or traffic wardens on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any police officers or traffic wardens on here?
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   22nd Aug 13 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got a dilemma, I'm a scaffolder and all my work is up town. I only work off big trailers go we park on the job.

Well the thing is I take my number plates off and cover up the o license but some knob gave me a ticket. I've gathered that he has managed to rewind CCTV to get my reg as I removed number plate at 6:30am and got ticket at 3pm. Also before he could take the photo of the ticket on the unit I managed to rip it off the screen so he couldn't get a picture.

Where do I stand? Can I contest the ticket?

Also I didn't abuse him either I promise
SXI - Matt

22nd Aug 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing you weren't meant to be there as you took your plates ect off else you'd of left them on. So fair play to him for going through the CCTV. Not the answear you wanted but if your legaly in the wrong then pay it.
Ben G

22nd Aug 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't park like a cunt and you wouldn't have got the ticket. People have doing doing the same thing in my parents' town when dropping their.kids off at school, and it causes traffic mayhem.

Don't contest it, you'll only end up with a bigger fine.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Well the thing is I take my number plates off and cover up the o license

Christ, sounds like you take the piss daily anyway, maybe take this one on the chin?
johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its 200 a week parking suspension and if any of you work in London your know how hard it is to park and its even harder when you've got a building site on the main road.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So because he was doing his job, he deserved abuse from a cretin? Pretty sure they could do you for not displaying your plates anyway so accept the fine and the fact you are a plonker.
SXI - Matt

22nd Aug 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

So because he was doing his job, he deserved abuse from a cretin? Pretty sure they could do you for not displaying your plates anyway so accept the fine and the fact you are a plonker.

This really you can't dispute some thing you've done wrong and knowingly!! I'd take this as a lesson learnt, they'll laugh you out the door if you dispute it! And rightly so!

[Edited on 22-08-2013 by SXI - Matt]
baza31

22nd Aug 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you contact council and get a parking permit short stay? Explain it to them
BeetleGav

22nd Aug 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't he have got your reg plate from your tax disc?
sc0ott

22nd Aug 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for a haircut last saturday and when i came out i noticed a traffic warden writing me a ticket. As the ticket wasnt printed when i got to the car he let me off. True story.
johnny86
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav

Covered it up..

And you lot are so up your own arses, I never said I didn't do wrong I asked is there away out of it?

I know that we are all getting older but your like moany old men! How many of you speed or drive like a dick or drift then ask urs toons like this when you get caught!

I only asked I didn't want the "shouldn't of parked there" "like a cunt" maybe if some of you knew anything about scaffolding and parking in London you'd know how difficult it is!
Jambo

22nd Aug 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removing plates and covering tax disc?

Wow. Way to go incognito and not attract attention
Welsh Dan

22nd Aug 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, i'd just uncover your plates. And failing to display a tax disc, that's another ticket too.

I appreciate that parking in London is hard, especially if you're trying to do deliveries or building work like yourself, but don't be a dick about it.
John

22nd Aug 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the difficult parking not accounted for in the massive overcharging that will be going on considering it's London?
Ronson

22nd Aug 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Covered it up..

And you lot are so up your own arses, I never said I didn't do wrong I asked is there away out of it?

I know that we are all getting older but your like moany old men! How many of you speed or drive like a dick or drift then ask urs toons like this when you get caught!

I only asked I didn't want the "shouldn't of parked there" "like a cunt" maybe if some of you knew anything about scaffolding and parking in London you'd know how difficult it is!

This is CS through and through, know it all better than you bunch of...
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After working in London for 6 weeks driving a van I understand tbh, they're a different breed, you need to talk to the council and they'll sort you out though.

John makes a valid point, the customer wants the scaffolding in London they should be paying the parking/sorting the permit etc.

I was with my uncle at a cafe in Acton once when one of the builders we were with got a ticket on his van, we were watching from the cafe. So his responce was to wait until she'd gone down the road of sight to book some more people, get out, pick her little moped up, chuck it in the back of the van, drive 300 yards in the other direction round the corner and hide her moped

Was priceless watching her face when she came back to the cafe
Dave

22nd Aug 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Is the difficult parking not accounted for in the massive overcharging that will be going on considering it's London?

Other firms account for parking in their price, one firm doesn't, quote is cheaper, gets the job. Then whines about a parking ticket.

As a subby who often works in city centres I agree before starting that, if there is no on site parking, the main contractor covers the cost. They usually have some sort of agreement in place with a car park nearby. Obviously scaffolding is different as the wagon usually needs to be close by all day but there has to be a better workaround than removing the reg plates and covering the tax disk.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally that agreement is a right pain in the tits as well, you get x spaces in the corner of the car park and the main contractor tried to put x times 3 in that space, double parking etc, so you have to walk around asking who owns the 7 generic white transits that are blocking you in
Ben G

22nd Aug 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
quote:
quote:

Covered it up..

SVM 286

22nd Aug 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right got a dilemma, I'm a scaffolder and all my work is up town. I only work off big trailers go we park on the job.

Well the thing is I take my number plates off and cover up the o license but some knob gave me a ticket. I've gathered that he has managed to rewind CCTV to get my reg as I removed number plate at 6:30am and got ticket at 3pm. Also before he could take the photo of the ticket on the unit I managed to rip it off the screen so he couldn't get a picture.

Where do I stand? Can I contest the ticket?

Arrive sans reg and tax disc etc if poss. Never remove them on site. But then I suppose that's obvious now.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 05:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have done the same tbh but when you have been caught out then I'd take it on the chin.

London is a bitch for parking £35 to suspend a spot for 4 hours and needed 3 weeks notice to book it. That wasn't even on double yellows just a permit zone.
Ronson

23rd Aug 13 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
quote:
quote:

Covered it up..

And don't you forget it!
nathy_87

23rd Aug 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ronson, you seem like a bigger dick than the OP.
LeeM

23rd Aug 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id just pay it. i assume youve got away with not paying a lot in the past?
Matt L

23rd Aug 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never get why parking attendants get so much abuse they are doing their job, if you dont want a ticket dont park illegally/or just pay to park simple as that, as previously said just pay it and be thankful you got away with it previously.

as for contesting it, I imagin you wouldnt really have much of a leg to stand on as clearly its on cctv if they managed to get your plate details.

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by Matt L]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any police officers or traffic wardens on here? 22 database queries in 0.0173581 seconds