corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe sri nova project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe sri nova project
moffat

User status: Offline
6th Sep 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been on/pff the nova scene for while now, just finished a 1st year at college studying mechanics some people might remember my 8v turbo project... and also bought an sri which i fitted an x16xe into. so cut along storey short the sri was rotten underneath, mostly covered by underseal. so i scrapped the shell, sold the 8v turbo bits out my white shell. and then proceeded to install the x16xe into it. 2 engine looms later and still wasnt running so itwas left again. fast forward a few months and ive struck a deal for a c20xe from my mate

pic of engine

some pics of how the car was....

i had some paint left over from the sri so decided to put it to use

theres also a fair amount of other bits been changed etc, i had fitted front to rear new brake lines and braided hoses, v6 fronts and disc rear set up, polybushed throughout, picked up some avo ajustable front and rear coillovers, peter lloyd racing exhaust, gsi interior, new wheel bearings, new track rod ends, bottom ball joints, digi dash.

as you can see the paintwork wasnt the best so its away in july to get redone, hoping to get engine in and running before hand.
moffat

few more pics

polybushed bits i done at college

xe shafts

avos

brake pipes etc

inside whilst it was getting painted

interior needing a mega clean

and most recently the engine bay was painted

moffat

quick update, bought the c20xe home, came with a f18box, conversion mount, chipped ecu, loom.. so i gave it a quick clean and paint. its also had a new timing belt kit and water pump.

then set about fitting it into the car

here how its sitting atm. vxkev will be wiring it up, going order some red hoses and still to collect my exhaust system and baileys header tank. ignore the slabs there temporary.

moffat

6th Sep 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so last update i got as far as dropping engine in, since then ive got the loom all plugged up, majority of water hoses on, need the plastic pipe for the rear of engine (going be fun doing that) got a starter motor aswell so got that fitted, rewired my start and charge loom and connected wiring to starter. also fitted my baileys header tank and slimline fan.

then got it back down on wheels after being jacked up for fitting starter etc tyres are shagged on these so done a deal for 195/40/16 toyo proxys my pals got, fitted the wheels and fell back in love with the car. bodyworks to get sorted at some point but concentrating on getting it running atm

moffat

6th Sep 13 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wee bit more progress on this, got the plastic water pipe i was needing for the coolant and full exhaust system. now at the wiring process but having a few set backs. wirings not my strong point lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

hopefully get it painted when im back at college.

not really knowing what to do with this anymore, picked up a corsa sport for a daily last week so been busy with that recently.

most off the coolant hoses are on now, just need to t-piece one in, wirings done and im sure its needing a cranksensor and release bearing for the clutch. wired up the fan to a switch and thats working.

tried to get all the cars electrics working so far ive managed lights and hazzards, but indicators wont work. dont suppose this is because ive removed the side repeaters... or is the indicator have a seperate relay from the hazzards?

picked up some genuine smoked rear lights couple weeks back

and decided to use the astra sxi wheels on this once its built so fitted them on to see what i thought, maybe need a different colour back to silver perhaps.

also do calibra leather need much modification to fit anyone got any pics got a set out the old corsa im tempted to fit in
taylorboosh

6th Sep 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks really good
*CorsaCal*

6th Sep 13 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want! Standard rear lights and silver wheels and thatd be mint!
Walshyposse

6th Sep 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks best on the softstars, great looking car mate well done

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe sri nova project 23 database queries in 0.0136120 seconds