corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crying Wolf

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crying Wolf
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Sep 13 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read that Coronation Street bloke has been cleared of all those accusations of raping kids n' that. What happens to the 17 year old lass now who has been terrorising him and his family for a couple of years?

Does the accuser in a case like this automatically get charged with defamation of character, slander, perverting the course of justice or whatever else?

Obviously I'm assuming in this case he is indeed 100% innocent but if so - the wee bitch needs a bit of a (legal) slapping imo.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Sep 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably nothing.

Not fully versed with the case but the quotes were shocking. She claimed she closed her eyes the whole time because it was so traumatic. Defence barrister asked her how she knew it was him
Toby
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult as nobody other than those present know the ins and outs. But what we do know is that the alleged victims definition of rape/sexual assault etc is similar to that of the CPS otherwise it would have be thrown out again. So I would very much doubt he has any come back. Though they can be and have been prosecuted for preventing the course of justice.

End of the day usually there's no smoke without fire so as far as he should be concerned is just to bury it and move on.

[Edited on 10-09-2013 by Toby]
Toby
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact Kyle, happened in Selby a few yers back. Young girl hoped in a taxi heading to Goole. Claimed taxi driver raped her, clever bastard recorded her on his phone begging for sex, she got 9months inside. Justice.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
In fact Kyle, happened in Selby a few yers back. Young girl hoped in a taxi heading to Goole. Claimed taxi driver raped her, clever bastard recorded her on his phone begging for sex, she got 9months inside. Justice.

That's ace.

I'm not so much concerned about the Corrie guys future, but it would be a good deterrent if these young lasses (and more likely their scabby parents putting them up to it for a few quid...) if they were facing a bit of jail time if caught bullshitting.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Sep 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly don't see how she can now just walk away as if nothing has happened. His whole life has been turned upside down, he's had to put up with shit loads of abuse and no doubt a few friends probably lost along the way.

I suppose there's two ways of looking at it though, one that says if she gets punishment it deters future wolf criers or one that says if you start punishing "victims" it deters actual ones coming forward incase the rapist gets away with it. It would be foolish to think that every single jury verdict is a correct one.
Dom

10th Sep 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But what we do know is that the alleged victims definition of rape/sexual assault etc is similar to that of the CPS otherwise it would have be thrown out again. So I would very much doubt he has any come back. Though they can be and have been prosecuted for preventing the course of justice.

But it was thrown out first time round back in 2011. It appears the recent 'heat' surrounding Savile and co and the supposed victim suddenly offering more 'evidence' that the case was picked up again.
Ben G

10th Sep 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon he is actually guilty. He's a right creepy fucker.

Sure she'll not get charged with anything. She is female after all.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always under the assumption that anyone who cried rape and was lying got jail time so I agree a Cople of years would sort out future claims.
Marc

10th Sep 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing he was guilty of was a ridiculous stage name.
Ben G

10th Sep 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And trying to get into his on screen daughters knickers.
Marc

10th Sep 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd let him off with that
SVM 286

10th Sep 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, which PARTICULAR paedo from Coronation Street are we talking about?
mattant

10th Sep 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They normally arrest them for wasting police time
Ste
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone who knows someone who was in court and apparently it was his daughter and ex wife making the accusations

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
LeeM

11th Sep 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate of mine got accused of rape, turned out the girl had a boyfriend and felt guilty. she admitted it wasnt rape and he got let off. his only option was to sue her personally for defamation but he couldnt be arced.

his new nickname is now "the rapist"
RichR
Premium Member

11th Sep 13 at 06:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
I know someone who knows someone who was in court and apparently it was his daughter and ex wife making the accusations

If what Ste says is true; I can't see anything happening as I can't see him bringing charges against his own daughter. At most she might get a purgery or wasting police time charge but any further action will require a claiman and what father would bring charges against his own daught, irrespective of the circumstances.
BarnshaW

11th Sep 13 at 06:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great nickname
fir3vip3r

11th Sep 13 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could try and sue her for the civil aspects re the defamation of character and slander.

You have to remember that you can only be convicted if it is beyond "all reasonable doubt" and they said it boils down to her word versus his. The jury will most likely have found him innocent as they doubt the account etc.

This does not mean he has not done it and the defendant could most likely not disprove her and prove she was lying and she will not have admitted lying so "perverting course of justice" also does'nt fit here.
rossnomore

11th Sep 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Difficult as nobody other than those present know the ins and outs.
[Edited on 10-09-2013 by Toby]

lol
SVM 286

11th Sep 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
mate of mine got accused of rape,

she admitted it wasn't rape and he got let off.

his only option was to sue her personally for defamation but he couldn't be arsed.

fucking idiot
taylorboosh

11th Sep 13 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf why would his daughter make it up?
Nath

11th Sep 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Name got leaked on twitter. Can probably be found....
Ste
Premium Member

11th Sep 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Wtf why would his daughter make it up?

Was more to do with a vendetta of hate from the ex wife i think

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crying Wolf 23 database queries in 0.0129480 seconds