corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.6 16v GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.6 16v GSI
Soanes1991

User status: Offline
24th Sep 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys I've got a serious crush on the corsa GSI's and I'm currently trying to get my hands on one. I was just wondering what sort of price should I be expecting to pay for one? I have a budget of £1200 do you guys think that's a decent enough budget to get a half decent GSI or am I being too tight? If anyone has any opinions on GSI's please do share likewise if you won a GSI I'd love to see it as it is coming across that these beast are somewhat of a rare novelty!

Thanks Nathan
Y869 SRA

24th Sep 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be lucky to find one with the original engine in.
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? My friend had one a few years back and it was in brilliant condition. Is there anyway to tell if they have changed the engine. I've been enquiring about one that is apparently genuine with 45k miles on the clock.
craig55

24th Sep 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of them are rusted out better of buying a decent 1.6 sport and fit the body kit
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really looking for a genuine standard GSI, I can see they are hard to come by, what is the difference between the sport and GSI?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Sep 13 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a lot more difficult to find even in the last few years.

45k seems very low, I wouldn't think you'd get that for your budget. Although its worth a try. Just make sure its genuine with MOT history, look for wear etc.
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's saying 45k and he's listed it for £1000 I'm wary that it's not genuine. But yeah I'd want to see at least 3 MOT certificates so you can judge if it's authentic
*CorsaCal*

24th Sep 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish id got a genuine gsi. Just budget in that you will have to get some welding and paintwork done and ull be ok. Make sure u do a check to confirm it is genuine cuz most arent
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm budgeting on top
Mieran

24th Sep 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure your inspect the shell properly when seeing one, just because its a low miler it doesnt always mean it will be mint
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the great tips, is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Or is it just the usual rust and damage?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Sep 13 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B pillar crack, bulkhead behind the brake reservoir, chassis legs under the bulkhead, tail gate stops, rear chassis leg on the rear panel.

Unless its been treated properly recently, it will be rusty.
craig55

24th Sep 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear spring upper seats
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if all that's rusty then it's a no go?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Sep 13 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much work you want to do.
Soanes1991

24th Sep 13 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really want to spend more than £2000 on buying the car and getting it in good condition really. I don't know a hell of a lot about cars only how to do basic things. I was hoping on buying something that doesn't need a hell of a lot doing to it and I know bodywork can cost a fortune. Obviously with the GSI's being so old km asking a lot really. It's a shame there isn't more of them around, I expect they will soon be worth a fortune lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.6 16v GSI 22 database queries in 0.0080149 seconds