corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa GSI tuning advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSI tuning advice
Soanes1991

User status: Offline
7th Oct 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys I'm not your typical petrol head but I do like the idea of tuning my GSI,

I'm looking to get maybe 150 BHP put of it. At the moment it's completely standard even original airbox. So far I've brought the following and I'm fitting them next week;

Pipercross foam air filter
Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold
Piper de cat pipe
Piper cat back system

These are the things I'm going to buy next;

Mantzel power box or laxmaul inlet manifold.
Piper BP270 cams
Chip tuned

I want to keep original pistons and want to keep the engine 1.6, is there anything else I can do to get more
Power from this engine? Am I asking too much wanting 150BHP?

My GSI is genuine 45,000 miles and the body is in damn good shape. I am getting drilled and grooved brakes and coil overs as well.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan
jay.jay

7th Oct 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lighter flywheel, ported head and can Get some vernier pulleys when you get the cams but tbh you'll need some sort of management to get the most out of it all mate. Anythings possible With the right amount of money lol Ive got a powerbox for sale if you're interested.
Soanes1991

7th Oct 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm certainly interested mate how much do you want for it?
jay.jay

8th Oct 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 quid posted, comes with throttle body and all sensors too
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are talking about the mantzel inlet manifold here yeah? 50 quid sounds dirt cheap
jay.jay

8th Oct 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a mantzel it's a copy, does the same job without the ridiculous price tag lol
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of condition is it in? Does it bolt straight onto the GSI?
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in thinking the powerbox bolts onto the manifold? It doesn't replace it? Therefore I could get a laxmaul manifold and a powerbox?
f.p.e

8th Oct 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does same thing, I had a powerbox type inlet when they were first made and was actually quicker than a friends corsa with the mantzel inlet fitted which is odd as there supposidely 'flowed'
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really know too much about all this stuff, so if I got a powerbox it does bolt onto the standard manifold? If I did but a performance inlet manifold and put a powerbox on it will that be a waste of money or will it give me a good gain?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna put this out there.......cheaper to just dump a standard C20XE in there?

if the gsi engine is 45k, take it out and store it for another day or sell it to pay for the conversion after you dropped an XE in there

150"ish" horsepower straight out the box there
jay.jay

8th Oct 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The inlet on the x16xe is split into an upper inlet and a lower inlet, the upper bit is the restrictive bit and a powerbox/Lexmaul/mantzel replaces this bit. As said above they all do the same job, but the mantzel and Lexmaul units are silly money
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay can you add me on fb so we can sort out payment and delivery? https://m.facebook.com/nathan.soanes.35?__user=729090606
Soanes1991

8th Oct 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
im gonna put this out there.......cheaper to just dump a standard C20XE in there?

if the gsi engine is 45k, take it out and store it for another day or sell it to pay for the conversion after you dropped an XE in there

150"ish" horsepower straight out the box there

I know what you're saying about just sticking a red top in it but i really want to keep the x16xe engine and try to get 150 out of it. Might take some time and money but I think it's do able

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa GSI tuning advice 22 database queries in 0.0104802 seconds