corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric windows aren't right

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric windows aren't right
JackAndertonx16xe

User status: Offline
   9th Oct 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I have a 1.6 sport b and when you put the windows down you only have to hold the button for like a second and they will go all the way down automatically ... BUT I recently disconnected the battery and when I re-connected it the windows have stopped doing that and now I have to hold the button down which is quite annoying , can anyone please tell me how I could sort this out , thank you
jay.jay

9th Oct 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to do that but after a few days used to go back to normal, when did you disconnect the battery?
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Oct 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's proper getting on me tits erm Thursday or Friday mate
jay.jay

9th Oct 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine normally sorted itself out after like 2 or 3 days haha hopefully yours will do the same
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Oct 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Oct 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to let everyone know I've fixed them , little google search and found out how to sort it , for future references to any one who had this problem all's you do is hold both buttons down so the windows go right down and carry on holding the buttons till you hear a click and then take them back up till you hear the same click and it's as easy as that
pro8186

9th Oct 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JackAndertonx16xe
Just to let everyone know I've fixed them , little google search and found out how to sort it , for future references to any one who had this problem all's you do is hold both buttons down so the windows go right down and carry on holding the buttons till you hear a click and then take them back up till you hear the same click and it's as easy as that

I have the same problem ocassionly and on other times they go str8 up after holding button for a bit. Noticed recently the drivers side window goes quarter way up and str8 back down, any suggestions what could be causing this ?? I'm sick of helping the window go right up by pushing on it
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Oct 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh mate I don't really know Alls I can suggest is strip of your door cards to expose the rollers and stuff and maybe just grease them up or just do what I done and disconnect the battery and do as I've said above sorry for the shit help mate haha
corsa-torque

9th Oct 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The window will automatically go down if it feels resistance, Eg: something in the way. maybe the window rubber is squashed, maybe worth putting a bit of washing up liquid in the seals.

Its the usual method of resetting the windows on most cars, but glad you found it on goggle, I think its also in one of the guides on here.
JackAndertonx16xe

9th Oct 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I didn't know that but now I do
jay.jay

10th Oct 13 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so my corsa didn't used to fix itself then, damn haha
csifku

10th Oct 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
The window will automatically go down if it feels resistance, Eg: something in the way. maybe the window rubber is squashed, maybe worth putting a bit of washing up liquid in the seals.

Its the usual method of resetting the windows on most cars, but glad you found it on goggle, I think its also in one of the guides on here.

what u on about ? its the buttons that a fatctory faulty, my does it same, if i press button harder and keep it for 2 sec it does goes automaticly then it doesnt !
Jed D

10th Oct 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold the up button on both sides for about 20 seconds or so. will go back to normal

[Edited on 10-10-2013 by Jed D]

New Poll