corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Home Brew

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home Brew
mantamark

User status: Offline
13th Oct 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone do it? I got about 30kg of apples off the parents tree, took them to a local orchard who pressed them and blended them with 20kg of their own apples and now have about 34L of cider starting to ferment in the spare room. Initial tests indicate about 7.7% so should be fun.
Hammer

13th Oct 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never tried cider but beer/lager is rancid, although it does blow your head off.
Dan
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 04:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been wanting to make a perry for ages, but not had the chance to do it yet.

How did you prepare everything? as I belive its the same for pears as it is apples isn't it?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mantamark

14th Oct 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the option to mix pears in but decided to keep it simple for my first batch.

Picked, washed then the orchard had a scratter, basically a tube with big blades that turn the apples to a uniform size pulp. Then we put them in cheese cloths in between slatted wood and they went into a big hydraulic press.

Got it brewing away in the back room now. Hope to see lots of bubbles when i get back from work today.
oceansoul

14th Oct 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw this on countryfile last night, and can get lots of apples from trees at work. Might give this a go
mantamark

15th Oct 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on the apples, you should be able to get 30L from 50kg. Which is a fuckload of apples!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Home Brew 23 database queries in 0.0074348 seconds