corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dynamo: Magician Impossible

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dynamo: Magician Impossible
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
20th Oct 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is doing the rounds here in Oz at the moment.

Even though ive seen i before, its still amazes me how fucking shit it is.

Poor computer graphics and clearly staged acts with actors leads me to wonder if he thinks were all stupid??

Walking down the side of a building, walking on water and bending himself right over infront of those two models - complete and utter bullshit.

That said, his slight of hand and card trick stuff is very good.

[Edited on 20-10-2013 by stan_the_man]
Cole

20th Oct 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dynamo you mean
Corsa_Sport21

20th Oct 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He must be good, he's tricked you into thinking his name is Domino.
sc0ott

20th Oct 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst i live in australia thread ever.
Ben G

20th Oct 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Domino
GB123
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Domino.

If it was all slight of hand stuff I'd love it, but the bollocks and acting just spoils it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tommy

20th Oct 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is very good at the close stuff, but I always remind people that he has a huge budget and a large group of people around him to help out with the tricks.
stan_the_man

20th Oct 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha sorry bit sleepy. Yeah Dynamos pretty shite too!
Brett
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a vid on youtube of the water walk that a passerby took. You see the boat hit the underwater platform Obviously that wasn't in the tv edit.
GB123
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's the pdf of the closure for the platform while they were filming it:

http://www.pla.co.uk/notice2mariners/pdf/M41_of_2011_w_-_Lambeth_Reach_-_Westminster_Bridge_-_Arches_6_and_7_Closure.pdf
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above really. His close up magic is unreal. Really good at loops aswell.
Really nice down to earth guy. All this fame shit hasn't affected him atall
If all he did was close up stuff he would get half the audience he does. Most people will see him walking on water or freezing a whole fountain as being amazing and fantastic
Personally I think it's shit. But if it's what gets you noticed then fair be it

[Edited on 20-10-2013 by FlaFFy_91]
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the same with all tricks or illusions; you take it for what it is and try not to think about it too much otherwise it loses the 'magic' element.
Ben G

20th Oct 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some indian guy in work said he is gin or jin or whatever. I had to lol.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who believes he can walk on water, or walk down a building un-aided, or hang off a bus without any support should be kicked hard in the face. It just looks good as an illusion, however his close up stuff, card tricks and such are far more entertaining. Much like David Blaine before he started sitting in boxes smelling his own farts for weeks, watch his early stuff, pretty amazing.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It annoys me, as this was mentioned at work some time ago and when I complained about the obviously faked "big" stunts, everyone has the same sarcastic response of "Oh,so you mean magic isn't real?"

There's a difference between proper street magician stuff though like card tricks, making stuff vanish etc which requires real talent and coordination... and then just editing a video to make it look like you've put an iphone into a bottle, or you've teleported through a wall in front of a shop full of people.

The latter stuff ruins the show for me, even though the guy is obviously a very talented illusionist/whatever you call it. They should just stick to the sleight of hand stuff and genuine tricks.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
and then just editing a video to make it look like you've put an iphone into a bottle, or you've teleported through a wall in front of a shop full of people.

Just to let you know, the iPhone thing isn't a camera trick. I could do that right Infront of you. Not a hard trick to be fair.

But I agree with the rest of your statement
Ben G

20th Oct 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you explain to us how, flaffy?

I wish I was a magician, i'd make a fortune by showing everyone how it's done.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can but I'd rather not to be honest mate
Some people enjoy magic and watching it so I don't perticulaly want to ruin it for the few that do, plus if I tell you I'd be going against what I've always been told

Magicians never reveal there secrets
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a YT video of it all slow-mo'd somewhere, he just switches the bottle...

Guy behind him had an empty hand one second, then suddenly had a bottle in it - half hidden behind his back.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine it involves at least another person, a pre-bottled phone, and quick hand movements.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I would imagine it involves at least another person, a pre-bottled phone, and quick hand movements.

Indeed, which is fine - if the "volunteer" wasn't just a paid actor. No need to follow up on the "oh look, you can call the phone and it rings" bullshit.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle the person he picks isn't a paid actor.
And yer there is a YouTube video. Personally I hate that sort of shit. There's a reason it's called magic. Keeps people guessing and in awe.
Some people just like to think there awesome for figuring it out and posting it on the internet. (Not a personal dig at yourself man)
Ben G

20th Oct 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
I can but I'd rather not to be honest mate
Some people enjoy magic and watching it so I don't perticulaly want to ruin it for the few that do, plus if I tell you I'd be going against what I've always been told

Magicians never reveal there secrets

That is quite possibly the gayest reply i've ever read.
Generation

20th Oct 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stopped watching when realised audience was just paid actors

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dynamo: Magician Impossible 23 database queries in 0.0153501 seconds