corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi tt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi tt
colonel_g

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 13 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aware that a few people on here have had/have them. I have just bought one for my mrs for when we decide to fuck her 207 off.

The problem I have is that the exhaust manifold has a crack in it and I cannot for the life of me see how to get to all of the bolts that hold it on.

Has anybody here removed one? Its a quattro and is starting to make me lose the remaining threads of hair I currently have.
Dave

2nd Nov 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming the manifold is the same as on the S3 (1.8T) is the engine still in place? If so I imagine it's a complete bitch to get at. I took mine off but had the head off at the same time so it wasn't too bad but iirc there were still a few that were a bit awkward. The nut are in two lines across the manifold (top and bottom) so just keep feeling across until you've got them all. The threads stay in the head so you should be able to feel when all the nuts are off.
colonel_g

2nd Nov 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's mostly the same as the S3. I have removed the top 8 and then there are 5 along the bottom with 2 of them being directly behind the turbo but short of dropping the subframe and engine I just can't see a way out. Well, short of setting it on fucking fire anyway

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi tt 22 database queries in 0.0108931 seconds