corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cops on motorway bridge tonight? catch speeders?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cops on motorway bridge tonight? catch speeders?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   18th Nov 13 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went under a bridge "making swift progress" then last minute saw a traffic cop parked on it pretty dark and couldnt see interior lights on and no one out side it and wasnt pulled

Just wondering am I likely to get something in the post or would they have to stop me? Hoping they were just on the lookout for ANPR hits

[Edited on 18-11-2013 by SteveoBC]
Ben G

18th Nov 13 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually they're using their anpr stuff. If they were looking to catch speeders, they'd most likely have a unit further up the road to pull you over.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can they still catch you with a radar gun from there in the dark? Heard they can post stuff out to you for speeding?
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its possible they where using speed guns most likely anpr.
with in 2 weeks you will get a letter if it was a speed trap.
where was it? local to bucks/oxon?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M40 around junc 8-7 ish
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are very often around that area. speed checking for future traps and anpr checks.
j8 is the oxford services and they sit there having coffee breaks.
major bridge repairs at j7 and theres been quite a few accidents.
pow
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't a van with all the photo taking equipment they would have to pull you over after speed gunning you.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If it wasn't a van with all the photo taking equipment they would have to pull you over after speed gunning you.

thought that was the case but turns out the cars do have equipment on board to get evidence and send an NIP if they want in the post without going after you

was the only car and tbf, i was expecting them to come after me, but the car had all the lights off, no guy standing outside in a hi-vis with a tripod, kinda just looked parked up, im hoping they were jsut doing anpr checks or having a break
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's a pikey camp right next to j8 also, always loads of trouble around there.
highest number of bilkins in all of uk within .5 miles of there. wounder why
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in fairness i couldnt reall remember where exactly it was on the m40, i had been driving for about 20mins from junc 10, may have been a bit further down
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how fast you was going, you could have been at j4 Wycombe or further if you was gunning it
pow
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking love gunning it down the M40, cruise control set to many leptons over 70 and not touching it till Handy Cross
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 06:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never been 1 mph over 70!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cops on motorway bridge tonight? catch speeders? 22 database queries in 0.0075181 seconds