corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Windscreen Excess

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windscreen Excess
dannymccann

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly a daft question, but does using the Windscreen Repair 'cover' that's included on pretty much every policy go anywhere on your file / need to be declared - as in affects future premiums?
Ben G

23rd Nov 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs to be declared if you're with admiral iirc. I forgot to tell them on renewal, but it should be on their system anyway. Thats for. Replacement, not repair.

Doesn't increase your premium though, probably will in the near future knowing them.

My excess is £25 for a repair or £75 for a replacement.

[Edited on 23-11-2013 by Ben G]
dannymccann

23rd Nov 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I'm with Elephant (same company?), it's a tiny chip so I might find out how much a repair is and do it without insurance, least I can involve them in anything the better
Ben G

23rd Nov 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. Mine was a chip but the windscreen had scratches on so just went for a brand new one. Was more trouble than it was worth. First time they ordered the wrong one and only told me when they turned up at my door. Second time they fitted one without the factory tinted sunstrip.

Third time lucky, although I have condensation inside the windscreen that always begins at the same place, so guessing it needs some more sealant.

auto windscreens = cowboy company
pow
Premium Member

23rd Nov 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will class it as a claim now and it will affect your premium come renewal
corsav6_mut

23rd Nov 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all of them will just the conning companies. Admiral group will, which is even worse because their new contract with Autoglass is they pay £82 + the excess for every glass. Repairs also cost around £70 to insurers not £20 like they used to.

[Edited on 23-11-2013 by corsav6_mut]
pow
Premium Member

24th Nov 13 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid for my own windscreen last time, bit more expensive but cheaper in the long run. Can't believe they have been allowed to do that.
3CorsaMeal

24th Nov 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a windscreen fitted Monday. Insurance were useless. I ended up paying myself for a decent fitter and screen.
Going to see if I can ger windscreen cover removed next year.
deano87

24th Nov 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
They will class it as a claim now and it will affect your premium come renewal

Really?

I had a windscreen replaced about 3 weeks ago with Sainsburys. No mention of it affecting NCB. Was £75 excess. Heated windscreen too. Pretty sure I read in my policy documents it won't affect.
deano87

24th Nov 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I covered against windscreen damage?
All our comprehensive policies provide cover to repair or replace broken glass in windscreens, sunroofs or windows of your car. An excess may be applicable; details can be found in your policy schedule.

If you need to claim under the windscreen cover of your policy please call 0800 210 0247. Claiming under this section of your policy does not impact your NCD entitlement.

http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/insuring/support/car/support-ins-car-faqs-postjune.shtml#accordion-item-1-6

pow
Premium Member

24th Nov 13 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Night still have your ncb but it gets entered on that database as an at fault claim
Ben G

24th Nov 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe so, but currently it doesn't increase your premium with any insurance company.

It most likely will in future though as they like milking the customer for every penny.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Windscreen Excess 22 database queries in 0.0134900 seconds