corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » second hand crossovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author second hand crossovers
Gareth T

User status: Offline
4th Dec 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the qashqai,kuga,ix35 are anyother ones to look at? I'm undecided if these are worth the extra money over a standard hatchback.

Thanks
deano87

4th Dec 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kia Sorrento and Sportage.

Vauxhall Moka.

Plus I think Vauxhall did another.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall Antera?

Audi Q5/Q3; VW Tiguan; BMW X3/X1
Gary
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointless motors imo. What more do you get over a hatch apart from higher driving position
deano87

5th Dec 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd only have one if 4x4/AWD. Couldn't stand getting stuck in the snow in something that looks like it shouldn't be stuck.
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Pointless motors imo. What more do you get over a hatch apart from higher driving position

worse mpg
Daimo B

5th Dec 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Rav4, great motor. Fits so much luggage, dog, cages, I can sleep in the back, towbar for the bike, and does around 30mpg (2.0 NA petrol). Interiors pretty decent, dials are good. Old models go for really cheap. Mines an 06, around £7k ish atm.

Just goes on and on, and does everything I need, with shed loads of space for practically everything.

I wouldn't bother with the 2wd variants of smaller cars. Also consider the Suzuki Vitara (all 5dr models), and the Kia's mentioned above.
John

5th Dec 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interiors are what always puts me off rav4's, they look a bit 90's Japanese car. Qashqui interior looks better but the 4x4 versions are harder to come across.
ed

5th Dec 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiat Panda 4x4, Fiat 500L, RR Evoque.
Daimo B

5th Dec 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Interiors are what always puts me off rav4's, they look a bit 90's Japanese car. Qashqui interior looks better but the 4x4 versions are harder to come across.

Older models did. Newer ones are much better. Old man has the older model and I really dislike the old 90's style Jap interiors.

Same as this, but on the other side. Plastics are solid and not flimsy, I was quite impressed for a mid 00's jap car.

John

5th Dec 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 90's version which has a rubbish interior, the one above though, they should be doing better now in a recent car which is fairly expensive, ravs aren't cheap.
Gareth T

5th Dec 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has an ix35 1.7 diesel,full heated leather and media pack which I like alot but they are pricey at around 15K from AT. Qashqai's look good value but as some have said with most crossovers being 2WD Im unsure if its worth getting one if its not 4WD.
antnee

6th Dec 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiguan is fucking massive inside. More leg room in the back than most executive cars
Daimo B

7th Dec 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've got a 90's version which has a rubbish interior, the one above though, they should be doing better now in a recent car which is fairly expensive, ravs aren't cheap.

For what you get, they are pretty cheap. Depends on your definition of cost and what you think is expensive.

Look around for the earlier models. Old man has one with 60k, its utterly spotless, no rust whatsoever, well built, I just dislike the dash. £2500. But for value for money, its a ruddy great car.

Mine cost £7k, and for value for money, its mega. 150bhp isn't much and its not exactly quick, but its comfy, has toys if you want them (I've got budget spec model). Just expensive to buy brand new. I went for the petrol as I don't use it very much, and apart from going to race circuits, most trips are quite short, pottering around town, taking the mutt out etc.

All the 4x4s i've mentioned above are in the similar price range £5k-£10k. All are far better than the 2wd imposters Worst part is ground clearance, its not great, but then most arn't taken off road anyway.

[Edited on 07-12-2013 by Daimo B]
ChazSXi

7th Dec 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kuga IMO

Gareth T

7th Dec 13 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A kuga would be nice but would have to be a titanium which have a good spec as the zetec seems abit basic. The titanium is abit pricy though.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Dec 13 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Captur is good.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
John

7th Dec 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's Juke sized is it not? Juke isn't any bigger than a Corsa D, actually slightly less practical.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Dec 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also saw a really nice mini countryman 4wd the other day. I assume they would be quite pricey though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jimbothebarbarian

7th Dec 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wife has a Sportage 2.0 awd. For the kiddy wagon. Paid more as we needed at least one 4x4 due to where we live. Couple of times a year it gets properly snowed in and gets flooded quite a bit. For the money it was the cheapest way to get a occasional 4x4.
scottyp1989

7th Dec 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's not an actuall crossover but sort of similar, what about an all road? There quatro, plenty of room inside, ride height adjustable, great off-road and still decent on mpg. I'm getting around 30mpg in mine and mines the older 2.5tdi, I haven't exactly got a light right foot either. Nice interiors as well, mine has recrossed all round with heated seats, satnav etc.
Gareth T

9th Dec 13 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The qashqai seems to be the most seen on AT with the 1.5dci engine and ntec spec for anywhere from 8K upwards which seems good value looking at the spec of an ntec.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » second hand crossovers 23 database queries in 0.0152450 seconds