corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate changing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Number plate changing
NathanR

User status: Offline
5th Jan 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right the girflreind is getting a new car to replace the golf soon, and we're not certain on what the deal is with switching her number plate onto the new car and the old one back onto the old car?! I've seen a few threads on here regarding this before but couldn't seem to find them using the search button. And when I've googled it it all just seems way to confusing!

Could anyone that's dealt with this before shed some light on the issue. Thanks

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by NathanR]
BeetleGav

5th Jan 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay fee to remove plate from current car. Old plate auto assigns back onto old car
Buy new car. Send off details tax disc and v5 to change reg onto new car. Wait for v5 etc back and fit new plates update insurance etc.

Fee for removing plate also pays for transferring onto new car
alan-g-w

5th Jan 14 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know if it's different for a plate you already own but I only had to send off the v5 and MOT of my car to have a brand new reg put on, they didn't request the current tax disc
NathanR

5th Jan 14 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers gav that made abit more sense than other things I've read
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your buying the new car before selling old I would wait till you buy it. Then only need to pay the £80 transfer fee from car 1 to car 2 and not £105 which is the £80 transfer plus a £25 retention fee. That's if you take it off and don't put it straight onto another car.
NathanR

5th Jan 14 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Graeme!!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look for form V317 from the DVLA Nath, I need to sort mine tomorrow too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate changing 22 database queries in 0.0110848 seconds