corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Those horrid Germans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Those horrid Germans
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jan 14 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/09/bayern-munich-subsidise-arsenal-ticket-cost

The fact they are chipping in is both a fantastic gesture, and testament to just how extortionate going to The Emirates is
Marc

9th Jan 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To see The Arsenal get thrashed.
Rob_Quads

9th Jan 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do the german clubs make money? is it they don't overpay thier players like most of the clubs in the UK?

Bayern have a season ticket price that is very cheap and still make a profit this year. Something no-one in the the UK can say. Only a few can say they made a profit
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Allianz Arena holds just over 70,000 and they have over 70,000 fans at every single game. That certainly helps
Edit: They pay a lot in wages too, with Ribery on £160,000. But in perspective John Terry is on that

[Edited on 09-01-2014 by Eck]
Robbo

9th Jan 14 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/09/bayern-munich-subsidise-arsenal-ticket-cost

The fact they are chipping in is both a fantastic gesture, and testament to just how extortionate going to The Emirates is
City, Chelsea and Liverpool are more expensive for away fans than Arsenal are....
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At no point did I deny that they are, nor do I know. But I know Arsenal are extortionate Do you disagree oRbbo?
nibnob21
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to the arsenal man u game in Feb. £81 for my ticket absurd.

MX5 Project Thread
slammin

9th Jan 14 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21

fooking hell, you could only see 7 games at that price to get to what i pay for my season ticket and see 19 games
p

9th Jan 14 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

City, Chelsea and Liverpool are more expensive for away fans than Arsenal are....

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/19/premier-league-ticket-prices-club-charge-the-most

Home fans, though....
Robbo

10th Jan 14 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
youve overpaid then as they are £62 a ticket...

edit, wait unless youre in the arsenal end (automatically assumed u were a man u fan). £93 is the highest normal price i think. crazy i agree, but it is at least a big game. I paid £50 to watch Chelsea play WHU back in 2008!

[Edited on 10-01-2014 by Robbo]
Robbo

10th Jan 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people can bang on about our prices being bad but we do at least have a tiering system... 3 days after they complained at being chargd £62 to play us (you wanna be big boys pay big boy prices) City charges Southampton fans £55 a ticket... we charge them between £25-40 a ticket (dont remember if they are cat b or c). I paid £50 a time to watch Arsenal play WBA and Fulham, £45 for Newc and £40 for BVB and Villa... we charge all of those clubs (BVB aside) less to come to Arsenal...
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh looking at some of those prices, (Liverpool in particular) then its a fucking miracle that the crowds still come. It's absurd to think that you can get a season ticket at Bayern for less than a single ticket at Arsenal (not saying a small game before you step in, oRbbo). The premier league as a whole is nothing short of robbery.
Robbo

10th Jan 14 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite agree.

The attitude of Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness on ticket pricing represents a stark contrast to the English Premier League. Hoeness sets the lowest Allianz Arena season ticket at just £104.

In the soundbite, from last year, he says: 'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?
'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.
'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.
'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

Arsenal recently annoucned a 3% price increase, which will net the club just under £2.5m per year...
mwg

10th Jan 14 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes Sky Sports/BT Sport seem cheap
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to admire Uli's stance. As he said, an extra £200 is a substantial amount of money. Can see why Ash fucked off there
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm an arsenal fan Robbo. On the second row of the second tier right by the Man U fans.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Those horrid Germans 24 database queries in 0.0116899 seconds