corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car buying advice

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car buying advice
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   19th Jan 14 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello

Looking at selling the X5 now to get something a bit quicker/agile since I'm frequently travelling around awesome roads at the mo that require a vehicle of this nature.

I've owned 3 Imprezas, I know they're awesome machines that are very capable, however I've always liked the look of the Astra VXR.

Obviously I can test drive a VXR, but I can't really go smashing it around the place and get a proper feel of them.

Long and short, are they decent or should I just stick to what I know best?

...and no, I don't want an evo.

Thanks
mikenoncorsa

19th Jan 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great cars IMO. What's your budget? Some early ones going for good money now.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've noticed mate, hence me looking at them really. Appear to be anywhere from £4k to £8k depending on mileage.

Do they handle well? Shitty in the wet?
neil h

19th Jan 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh the handle well enough. Can get a bit interesting in the wet but it's 240bhp and fwd. That being said mine handled last years snow fine.

Not as interesting as the impreza though (having made the move 6 months ago)
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not like the Meganes? Stretch your budget a bit more and could get a 250
mikenoncorsa

19th Jan 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering the probable speeds, I'd say they would handle just fine.
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
£8k

Thats a fair amount of Impreza to be had for that

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't say I wanted to spend that mind Kyle Certainly not on an Astra anyway. I think I'd only really want a hawk eye STI and I'd want it in white too, which seems to be even more of a rarity. I think the budget would have to be increased to do that.

Was thinking maybe the VXR in £5-6k range just to have a change for a bit really then not lose too much when I sell it, which would likely be in less than 12 months given my history. Just got the speed buzz again after borrowing my dad's Impreza this weekend Then I've looked around and thought there's other cars out there, such as the Astra.

VRS - Not really into the Meganes, but didn't realise you can get the 225's for £3k upwards after looking. Just can't see me in one.

[Edited on 19-01-2014 by Brett]
andys sxi
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a s3?

April 08 feature car
3CorsaMeal

19th Jan 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf R32? Am sure the mk4 shape is that price now.
neil h

19th Jan 14 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BrettJust got the speed buzz again after borrowing my dad's Impreza this weekend Then I've looked around and thought there's other cars out there, such as the Astra.

tbh the Astra is a different kind of speed to the impreza. Although my hawk is quicker on paper the Astra was much more bonkers in its delivery.
taylorboosh

20th Jan 14 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get an m3? Or 911?
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R32 is a good shout, will look. M3 probs not, subframe bollocks worries me S3 is also a good shout but not an 8L, not sure I could get a newer shape tbh.
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like your X5
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do I, it's wicked but it don't half use fuel
Corsa_Sport21

20th Jan 14 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i were hitting awesome roads and wanted a car that could be more than capable, i would be looking at something like this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-DC5-TYPE-R-CHAMPIONSHIP-WHITE-2001-/321298632422?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4acee40ee6
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, I'm not scene enough for a Honda
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some nice R32's actually, though not sure they're 'out there' enough and there's no real scope for more power is there? They're quick but not remapped STI quick.
taylorboosh

20th Jan 14 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you have against evos?

Get a belter fq for 8k..

Or maybe stretch a bit and get an rs6
taylorboosh

20th Jan 14 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or get something like a s15 that will hold value well..

Or a lcr like ecks
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they cost too much when compared to Imprezas tbh. An evo of same year and mileage will cost more and for no real reason. I'd want an 8 minimum and just not willing to pay the price for a good one. Not a chance in hell I'd spend £10k for what you got, and I don't mean that trying to be a dick. I could get a 450bhp monster Impreza blob eye for that.

What I'm trying to achieve here is sell the X5 and buy a quick car that looks nice without having to put money on top.

[Edited on 20-01-2014 by Brett]
3CorsaMeal

20th Jan 14 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some nice R32's actually, though not sure they're 'out there' enough and there's no real scope for more power is there? They're quick but not remapped STI quick.

less to go wrong. Well made car that should reach 200,000miles without needing a rebuild. coukd do air filter. Exhaust. Cams and a remap to liven it up a bit.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do love the sound of R32's
taylorboosh

20th Jan 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think they cost too much when compared to Imprezas tbh. An evo of same year and mileage will cost more and for no real reason. I'd want an 8 minimum and just not willing to pay the price for a good one. Not a chance in hell I'd spend £10k for what you got, and I don't mean that trying to be a dick. I could get a 450bhp monster Impreza blob eye for that.

What I'm trying to achieve here is sell the X5 and buy a quick car that looks nice without having to put money on top.

[Edited on 20-01-2014 by Brett]

Can get 8s for £6k easy... Nice ones aswell. Its just because mine was an mr..
taylorboosh

20th Jan 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also love r32s

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car buying advice 23 database queries in 0.0162969 seconds