corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sorry we missed you...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sorry we missed you...
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   21st Jan 14 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone else suffer from the problem that delivery people have started not bothering to leave cards saying if they've left your parcel, and where they have left it? As though I am supposed to just know they left it with my neighbour 2 doors down.

It's not only Royal Fail that do this, Fedex did, DHL have and so have Yodel (although I kind of expect them to do it )
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had them leave parcels and the neighbour never come to collect
Christopher

21st Jan 14 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get this a fair bit! Doesnt help when you dont talk to half your neighbors! Or another one of my favorites, you get the card and its circled "left with neighbors" and it turns out to be about 6 houses down!
Gaz

21st Jan 14 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother had a brand new food processor delivered to his door which was for his neighbour who didn't get on with him. Needless to say, the lad never came round for it and my brother ended up using it a year later.

Thousands upon thousands of items must go missing like this.
kennySRi

21st Jan 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened the other week when I sold something. The buyer lived at no.1. My tracking info said it was at no.32 even though the buyer had no idea, he spent 3 days knocking on doors and found it at no.55

I wouldn't of minded but I was told I wouldn't be covered as it was delivered somewhere.
3CorsaMeal

21st Jan 14 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me with a fishing rod, some one about 12 houses away took delivery of it and just kept it in their hallway (had my address on it), i had to find out who had signed for it, (could only just make out the signature, then luckily that name was in the phone book so i went round and got it.
Cavey

21st Jan 14 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I generally dont even try to leave it at the neighbours unless I see signs of life, and I always put a card through. Royal mail dont get paid per delivery so in theory should be better than the rest of them. (I know I'm good at my job, not saying that there's not a lot who aren't!)
Dom

21st Jan 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually it gets dumped outside the front door or lobed over the back gate
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst is when you wait in, and they leave a card saying they tried to deliver and you weren't in...but the doorbell never rang! Happened to me with yodel, lying bastards.

MX5 Project Thread
taylorboosh

21st Jan 14 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A breaker bar was delivered by my postie
Ben G

21st Jan 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads next door neighbour took in a parcel which was a christmas present for my brother, 2 days before christmas.

dad kept ringing delivery company up asking where it was and they just said it had been delivered so couldn't claim for a lost parcel.

neighbour decided to knock on the door after new year bit cuntish by the neighbour. Needless to say, tbey don't get on.
Ben G

21st Jan 14 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Usually it gets dumped outside the front door or lobed over the back gate

My dad got a free ipod that way. Postie dumped a special delivery parcel over the back gate.
alan-g-w

21st Jan 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a tangent but I had the seller on eBay write the wrong address on a gear knob I had bought. After a week and a half of nothing it comes out that they've sent it to the wrong house number - the person had signed for it with the name 'Mathers' or something. I live in a cul de sac and I've never spoken to this guy before but I go to his door obviously to see what's what.

He answers and I ask 'Mr Mathers?', which he confirms. Excellent, I'll explain that this weird parcel someone's signed for was actually meant for me. He says he has no idea what I'm talking about, shouts his wife who he lives alone with and she also plays dumb. Not very amused at this point, I explain that someone in the house must have signed for this parcel since that was the only way I even knew their name. They hit me with some bullshit about their daughter having been over, she might have signed for it and taken it with her. I tell him that's fine, you or your daughter have my parcel. I'll just keep coming every day until you have it here, after all I only live a 30sec walk away. He mutters and stumbles something about how he 'just remembered' something came the other day. Lo and behold he takes two steps backwards, goes into a cupboard and produces one Nismo gear knob complete in packaging, open, all of which I had tried to describe the best i could. Prick.
3CorsaMeal

21st Jan 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post him a dog turd tbh
Haimsey
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a postman that carried the cards round instead of parcels now THAT was annoying.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Cole

21st Jan 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend had a parcel delivered the other day needless to say he wasn't in at the time of delivery so they left a note to say they had left it at no 41 thing is he lives at no 41 stll hasn't found his parcel
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it when they put it inside my shit infested bin
Cavey

21st Jan 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
We had a postman that carried the cards round instead of parcels now THAT was annoying.

See, that pisses me off (as a postman) deserves disciplining for being a lazy cunt imo. I mean there houses I deliver to that get stuff a lot and I can say 90% of the time they won't be in, but I still try every day, just dont wait at the door as long as I would for people who are usually in.

On the flip side, we do get quite a lot of lying or lazy cunts phoning up saying I didn't knock when I've hammered on the door, rang the bell and waited a few minutes while writing out a card, who claim I didn't even try the door. Luckily the manager knows I do my job pretty well.
Cavey

21st Jan 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett

We've been told that we can't put them in bins now as "helpful" neighbours have been known to put the bins out on bin day...
nibnob21
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

See, that pisses me off (as a postman) deserves disciplining for being a lazy cunt imo. I mean there houses I deliver to that get stuff a lot and I can say 90% of the time they won't be in, but I still try every day, just dont wait at the door as long as I would for people who are usually in.

On the flip side, we do get quite a lot of lying or lazy cunts phoning up saying I didn't knock when I've hammered on the door, rang the bell and waited a few minutes while writing out a card, who claim I didn't even try the door. Luckily the manager knows I do my job pretty well.

In all truth, I have noticed that the postman I have in Derby seems pretty reliable. Could be you lol.

Is it you ? I live on Ashbourne Road.

MX5 Project Thread
Cavey

21st Jan 14 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, not me, I do Mickleover.
kennySRi

21st Jan 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Same here and the bin is always empty so you've got to tip it up so you can reach the parcel
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here and the bin is always empty so you've got to tip it up so you can reach the parcel

Too true !
Ben G

21st Jan 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting parcels in bins that'd be going straight into the dumper truck. No chance I'm bin dipping.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one delivered to me for a neighbour I live at 58 they lived at 90

Another one today was just left outside my front door

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sorry we missed you... 23 database queries in 0.0134020 seconds