corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Karting - indoor Vs outdoor

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Karting - indoor Vs outdoor
Matty W

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 14 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your preference?
Also, name me some decent tracks and good lap times.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done both and enjoyed both. Outside was probably a bit more of a buzz because they were more powerful karts and it was pissing it down.

Three sisters is a good outdoor one.
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedkarting in Warrington is a good indoor one.

MX5 Project Thread
alan-g-w

22nd Jan 14 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to Cornwall with a pal when I was about 13 and we went to an outdoor one down that way and it was by far the best karting I've ever been to. The go karts had twin (Honda) engines and could reach 90mph, so we were told. The track was quite long and thin but it suited these things, especially with the pit straight being near enough the length of the track if memory serves me right.

Anyone from down there know what one I'm on about?
Mad Moe

22nd Jan 14 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outdoor Karting for me, we generally pay a couple of visits a year to Teeside Autodrome which is apparently one of the longest karting tracks in the UK at 2.1km. Absolute chaos with 30+ of us on the track at the same time
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given the choice, outdoor everytime but indoor is good fun too. All the indoor one's I've been too have lower powered karts though which is why I'd choose outdoor.
spencer88

22nd Jan 14 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I went to Cornwall with a pal when I was about 13 and we went to an outdoor one down that way and it was by far the best karting I've ever been to. The go karts had twin (Honda) engines and could reach 90mph, so we were told. The track was quite long and thin but it suited these things, especially with the pit straight being near enough the length of the track if memory serves me right.

Anyone from down there know what one I'm on about?

St Eval.

Karts will touch 70mph.

About 4 years ago the track changed hands I do believe or had new management in. Ruined the place.

Had new surface laid on the track, meaning you could go nigh on flat out round the entire thing. Also then had slower karts.

They had two track layouts, Both nearly the same, with one being a longer straight and extra chicane.

Long track lap time was about a 59:50 second where as the short was a 49:76 second.
alan-g-w

22nd Jan 14 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'll be the one, I remember it being a good double the cost of the average one at the time but definitely worth it. Shame they've fucked it
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

outdoor all the time

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indoor is pathetic after you've been on the bigger out door tracks,

rain sorts the men from the boys aswell
Matt L

22nd Jan 14 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever been the datona one down Northampton (iirc) as an out door one that was epic fun and turns out I cant drive in the rain in a kart

indoor wise again only ever been to one track (numerous times though) but that's a very small track with slower cars so outdoor gets my vote.
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
outdoor all the time

This.

Love the track in Middlesbrough.
Carl

22nd Jan 14 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep meaning to get to that one at teeside.
micra_pete
Premium Member

22nd Jan 14 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, teeside is a wonderful track.

Tockwith have merged the owner track with the corperate track, jury is still out.

But i have no issue with indoor ones, two on my doorstep, still fun, just slower.
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 14 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
keep meaning to get to that one at teeside.

Get yer sen there lad. We got a group of 16 of us, did the ironman. Track is bumpy as fuck but I like that, can just about take the double chicane at the start without lifting as I found out on the last lap, nearly filled my pants doing it though, sidewaaaays
Ojc

23rd Jan 14 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both I have no preference.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 'Daytona' outdoor tracks are good. I think there is four of them dotted around the country. We went to the one in Manchester
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Both I have no preference.

This

Going formula fast in milton keynes Saturday for dads bday cant wait
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 14 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Datona MK I thought was shit - bumpy and difficult to find the lines.

Three Sisters in the rain, that was fun but not very fast. Far better surface though.

St Eval a few times, quick enough but felt a bit small.

Glan y Gors years ago, think they've changed it since then.
Matty W

23rd Jan 14 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked at both Three Sisters and Speed Karting (now team-sport). I do prefer the outdoor side to it. as mentioned, Three sisters is awesome in the wet and it used to be great when they had twin engine karts but for the past few years they have been running indoor karts on an outdoor circuit, and it just doesn't feel as great as it should.

Driving the single engine indoor karts around three sisters is just.. well its just a bit too easy. there's no real battle with the kart whereas an indoor circuit tends to be tight and full of hairpins, you are actually driving to get a good laptime, rather than sitting back and cruising down a long wide tarmac straight
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remembered I did karting outdoor at thruxton ages ago and that was really good
alan-g-w

23rd Jan 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the outdoor one at Knockhill, track is tiny and the karts were plain slow. The best part of the day was the fact there were two guys there dressed as Mario and Luigi
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daytona MK is my favourite track !!!

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ojc

24th Jan 14 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are doing the 24hr there in May.

Best indoor track in the UK has got to be Teamsport Gosport it's a really good race track, you can use different lines to your advantage as it's wide.
dannymccann

24th Jan 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prefer outdoor, karts tend to be faster and weather conditions can make for some interesting racing

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Karting - indoor Vs outdoor 23 database queries in 0.0137269 seconds