corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B Not Starting (x10xe)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Not Starting (x10xe)
krazeddd

User status: Offline
   22nd Jan 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yesterday my car wouldnt start so i thought its just out of fuel (cos it was on the light) so went to the pumps and got 5l and put it in, still the same

Anyway I turned it over and over and over playing with the throttle and eventually it threw itself into life. Left it idling for about 20 mins to get some charge back into the battery and locked it up and went home.

I came to it today to try and start it again and it lit straight into life but this time with the EML on and not idling (had to help it)
anyhow i plugged it in and it came up with 4 faults;

Crank sensor
Air mass meter
TPS (or IAC cant remember)
EGR valve

anyways, i thought what a load of s**t and cleared them out, except the crank sensor wouldnt clear, anyway tried to start again and they all came back.

anyways played about for about 2 mins clearing and trying etc etc and it sprung into life with no EML on! anyway pulled it into the garage and as soon as i step foot out the car it cut out and would not start again!

changed crank sensor and its still the same

the crank sensor fault is always there, can never be cleared. ever. and after trying to start it the other 3 come back. but they clear out

does anyone think it could be CAM sensor as ive looked at a wiring diagram and all 3 of them components (that keep being listed as a fault) wire into the cam sensor.

also when i go into the live data and turn the engine i can see it turning at about 180-220rpm

but now the confession, i was p*****g about AGGGESSSS AGO with the egr blanking it off etc and i decided to try and pin the plug out and made a mistake, it threw the EML on and listed a **** load of codes, cant remember what they were, anyway cleared them out and it started fine. and has been fine eversince.

or have i fried my ECU

Cleaned throttle body out and TPS sensor and put a new crank sensor in (again) and it still wouldn't start, so unplugged airmass meter and it started but would not idle

ive checked all the voltage and resistance from all plugs and sensors related and they're all ok happy I suppose but it still won't start and keeps logging the faults EGR valve, throttle position sensor (except the plug itself because it's dark and raining and couldn't be arsed taking it off) and air mass meter comes back every now and then but doesn't stay

so I wired an earth from the ECU to the battery to make sure I hadn't lost an earth and one from the battery to the body.
Still no luck.

Cleared the codes and fit a new ICV and tried to start it, still no luck, plugs are wet I'm getting a spark but it smells like it's overfueling like a c**t anyway.

carried on trying to start it EML was coming on all this time saying TPS and EGR valve (but it's blanked off so can't be stuck open)
but this time there was an immobiliser code, but it cleared out so I put this down to low voltage, so got a fresh battery.

went into live data (this is where it's throwing me up the wall)
the coolant temp sensor is reading : -39 degrees
and the inlet air temp is reading : -39 degrees

And also in live data it says;
Immobiliser signal; Received
Immobiliser status; Active (does this mean it's on or off)
so that could be why it's over fueling.

-
also when I have ign set on no2 there is no fuel pressure but plenty when cranking but that still shouldn't cause it to start.
is it time to bite the bullet and buy an ECU
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank sensor will always show when the car is not running because its not getting a signal when switched off
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Jan 14 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds obvious but have a good look round the engine for any cut or open wires like the thermastat wiring. its surprising sometimes how little things can cause so much problems especially on such a relatively simple engine
krazeddd

23rd Jan 14 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I've found the fault, I looked at wiring diagram and noticed the CTS, EGR valve, TPS and airmass meter all use the same earth so wired one directly from the cts to the earth on the battery and up she lit

New Poll