corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top end rebuild

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top end rebuild
corsaDWsport

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 14 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at rebuilding the top end in the next month. Lots of minor leaks and a possible headgasket. May aswell do it all properly now rather than later. Have been looking at lots of gasket sets but am a bit dubios of aftermarket brands. Are there any you would recomend or is it obviously best to go to Vauxhall?

Is there any point in fitting an uprated gasket? (thats if they are made for this engine) as i will be looking at a few engine mods and i wouldnt mind doing the odd track day. Any recomendations of where to get one from?

I believe the engine i have is an x14xe??? (1996 corsa 1.4 16v sport). Would i be right in thinking that?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Jed D

23rd Jan 14 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

elring head gasket will be perfect
lee.enfield

23rd Jan 14 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BGA are good mate
Jed D

23rd Jan 14 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get onto auto-vaux and ask them for a full top end kit... cant see it being too pricey... make sure the heads torqued down correctly
lee.enfield

23rd Jan 14 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your there you may aswell do rings aswell to be fair!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top end rebuild 22 database queries in 0.0105710 seconds