corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised registrations on Imports

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Personalised registrations on Imports
dragon2309

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the rules still apply to imports where you cant make the car newer than the date/reg it was manufactured? I'm gettigna skyline imported, and I'm buying a private reg for it beginning with "R33". R reg in the UK means it has to be '97 I think.

Say the import was manufactured in '96, and I buy the plate before it gets registered in the UK, could I give it that plate or will the UK rule that it has to be '97 still apply?

Reason I ask is that I've seen imports for sale on ebya and the like with really new plates on them, but they are old models, maybe someone at the DVLA fucked up or somethign and gave it a current plate, not sure, but I've definitely seen it.

Obviously the simplest solution is to jsut wait for a '97 or newer skyline to come up in japan and buy that, lol, but being able to buy from before then would broaden the searches somewhat.

Cheers all.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 14 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs to be August 97 to go on an R plate.

Can be registered late, but that's based on its first use. Same as if you didn't register a UK car until the following year.

But if its been used, it'll get the date of first use.
dragon2309

23rd Jan 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah okay, so being an import doesnt change the rules at all then, cheers.
dannymccann

24th Jan 14 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You ones you see on ebay will probably either be photoshopped on or just show plates?
DaveyLC

24th Jan 14 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you don't get fucked by the Passenger air-bag rules...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised registrations on Imports 22 database queries in 0.0079670 seconds