corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thinking of going to Japan(edit booked to go September!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of going to Japan(edit booked to go September!)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Feb 14 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mostly thinking of a trip to Tokyo this year, anyone else been?

Any recommendations? Best time of year to go? Spending money I'm gonna need?

Any advice would be great as I'm looking to organise and book it next week but doing some research today

Cheers

[Edited on 09-02-2014 by SteveoBC]

[Edited on 12-02-2014 by SteveoBC]
John

9th Feb 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is going Japan the same sort of thing as going deaf? Or going bald?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Is going Japan the same sort of thing as going deaf? Or going bald?

Lol changed just for you john
RichR
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to go in winter 2016; it has the best powder (snow) in the world and I'm desperate to get over there before I get too old and start to fall to bits. I'm planing three weeks; 2 weeks chasing the snow around the country and then a week of Tokyo. Aside from the snow side, I haven't researched it a lot so I'd be intersted in any responses you get to this thread.

[Edited on 09-02-2014 by LiVe LeE]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't stretch to skiing (as much fun as that sounds) more going for the culture side of things, like see the temples, walk around the city centre, see some gadgets see the cool gardens, take it all in etc, just wondering if anyone has must see places
Cavey

9th Feb 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to go to Tokyo, always been under the impression it costs an absolute fortune to do anything though
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I'd love to go to Tokyo, always been under the impression it costs an absolute fortune to do anything though

Looked into, average spend for food travel and admission into sites you are looking at around ¥8-9,000 per day (£55) so for 10nights £550 but maybe take £750 for drinking and clothes money which is do-able

Flights around 700each and hotel depending on size and niceness around 400-700 for 9 nights

All in all not out of my price range, can pay for the flights and hotel now and just save up for the spending money

Found loads of stuff on trip advisor to see and do, going with one of my best friends so should be a right laugh
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drinking out doesn't seem bad £1=¥163

So average cost of a drink ¥500-900 =£3 to £5.50 not much different drinking round here
p

9th Feb 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would bloody love to go to Japan! Got an insane fascination with that country! Hopefully in the near future I'll be taking a trip there!
Tiger

9th Feb 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to go - Shinjuku
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The idea is def picking up speed, just been trawling through tons of info on Wikipedia and tripadvisor...unbelievable amount of stuff to do

Think 10days should be enough, may stretch to 2 weeks but not sure yet
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I'd love to go - Shinjuku

Yeh def going there for the sights and heard a lot of good things about golden gai (200 tiny bars in a small area with 6-8seats in each to get drunk in) I can see an epic bar crawl story coming out of there lol

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds interesting, checked the Visa situation and it would appear residents of the UK don't need one.

Can be a pain in the ass as there's normally a fee and you sometimes have to go yourself to the embassy. We found a company that did it for you for Russia, cost loads though.

Better news for Tokyo

http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/temporary.html
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sounds interesting, checked the Visa situation and it would appear residents of the UK don't need one.

Can be a pain in the ass as there's normally a fee and you sometimes have to go yourself to the embassy. We found a company that did it for you for Russia, cost loads though.

Better news for Tokyo

http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/temporary.html

Cheers for that mate, didn't even cross my mind as I was just there for sightseeing
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 14 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, make sure the information is current for the time you plan to go there and suitable for everyone you're going with, looks like you are fine though.
p

9th Feb 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mount Fuji would be fantastic. Don't know how possible that is from wherever you're potentially going in Japan.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Mount Fuji would be fantastic. Don't know how possible that is from wherever you're potentially going in Japan.

Just heading Tokyo

Mount Fuji is a great shout but nearly 3hours away don't think that would happen

p

9th Feb 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by p

Just heading Tokyo

Mount Fuji is a great shot but nearly 3hours away don't think that would happen

That's a shame you can't do a stop over or a tour or something! Wouldn't mind visiting Fuji if I went to Japan!

Kyoto is meant to be awesome as well!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will def give it some thought and try and make a day trip of it perhaps but I'm sure I'll have plenty to do in Tokyo itself
John

9th Feb 14 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are going to be the Governor of Tokyo
p

9th Feb 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't mind a go on a Jap tbh!

Oh yeah, if you have the channel NHK World, totally check it out on Sky 507!

[Edited on 09-02-2014 by p]
P1CK4D

10th Feb 14 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going Tokyo on 27th March. Can't fucking wait!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Im going Tokyo on 27th March. Can't fucking wait!

oh good stuff pickford, let me know how you get on mate
Rob C

10th Feb 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went in September for the first part of our Honeymoon, was a very cool place, totally different to other parts of Asia..

It's organised, very hot, very busy, not that cheap, and don't try and buy shoes if your over a size 8!

Go for dinner in the Park Hyatt (Lost in Translation) amazing steak house and the views are something else.. but prepare to pucker up!

If you like Asia, why not try China, Beijing & Shanghai are amazing too!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Rob, yeh i didnt expect it to be cheap, its about the same as london prices to be honest which i can afford

Will keep the Park Hyatt in mind, thanks for that

Im sure all the other places are cool its just iv always wanted to see Tokyo in particular lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thinking of going to Japan(edit booked to go September!) 22 database queries in 0.0211561 seconds