corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sorry mate but you dont have any insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sorry mate but you dont have any insurance
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
27th Feb 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told this about 45min ago by two of Scotland's finest and promptly started making buttons in my pants, my car also isn't coming up on askmid. I had no clue at all why it's coming up uninsured but also couldn't remember what company I'm with Thankfully the two officers were pretty understanding and only gave me a HORT1 which means I have 7 days to gather proof that I do have cover then take it to the nearest station.

I got in the house and straight on the e-mails to look up my company's name. Right sorted, phoned them up to be told everything is as it should be. They're not looking for documentation, proof or payment and my insurance is running as it should be. I'm relieved at this point but don't really understand why it's not coming up on askmid in that case. The guy on the phone asks if it's still P635 U.... shit I got a private numberplate for Christmas and the insurance don't know. It was my mum who got it and assured me that 'she would take care of all the documentation so that I can just stick it on the car'.

I realise it's my own fault for not telling my insurance company so promptly changed it over the phone, much to the guy's amusement. I asked if he could send me a copy of two cover notes, the first denoting the fact the car has technically been insured all this time, and the second showing a change of numberplate from today.

I'm expecting them to be pretty understanding about the whole thing since at the end of the day I had insurance, just the wrong plates on. Anyone had a similar experience?
Robin
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get points
mwg

27th Feb 14 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if you would be covered for the time you hadn't declared the change of reg plate
sc0ott

27th Feb 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car was insured but the plate wasnt. Instant ban and a 500 quid fine for that.
big eck

27th Feb 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have. I was stopped one night be the cops and told that my car was coming up as no insurance. It was down to the private plate. I said that the insurance mustn't have updated there system yet and they said that it was ok and I was sent on my way after a few checks.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 14 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Instant ban and a 500 quid fine for that.
Your experience or you've read it somewhere?

Instant ban for IN10 which carries a guideline 6-8 points does seem harsh.

I personally don't feel the car is uninsured, if the insurer is happy to issue the note then in my mind there is a policy in place.

I'll await the outcome of producing but I can't see how you've got an offence there when the insurer is willing to cover it.

[Edited on 27-02-2014 by Ian]
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are my thoughts Ian, if I'm getting charged with anything it should be displaying an incorrect numberplate. The car itself is insured, if I got out there and put the old plates on it's instantly legal... I'll have to see what they say anyway
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 14 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plate has been changed though? Isn't that the reason the insurance didn't show?

So the car records are in order - VIN matches plate - tax carries current plate - just the insurer's records not in order and they're willing to rectify.

Different story if they weren't but you've had a good day on the phone to that guy.
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it would have been legal up to this morning when I changed it. Now the car is fully insured for the private plate
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Plate has been changed though? Isn't that the reason the insurance didn't show?

So the car records are in order - VIN matches plate - tax carries current plate - just the insurer's records not in order and they're willing to rectify.

Different story if they weren't but you've had a good day on the phone to that guy.

Correct, tax disc has been changed to the private plate and everything.
pow
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The insurance will change it from an retrospective date.
sc0ott

27th Feb 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only joking, i have no idea what the outcome will be.
Aleex

27th Feb 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be fine.
flybikeslee

27th Feb 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh shit, changed my plate and didn't tell insurance! Best ring now, cheers Alan
Gary
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess technically it's uninsured but to recieve an in10 you have to goto court and get to speak to someone normal who I can't see following though with the points.

Generation

27th Feb 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:laugh:

[Edited on 27-02-2014 by Generation]
Brett
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted, fuckin £26 admin fee tho for a few key presses. Private plates are such a financial burden Mine rocks tho.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSTFU?
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries mate its easily forgotten... that's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway lol.
MatthewR

27th Feb 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you actually believed and trusted a woman to take care of all the docs then you deserve points
Brett
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
PSTFU?
damn right
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would of thought you will get done for no insurance? Yes the cars insured but if you coshed it and did a runner they wouldn't be able to trace it through the plate?
Think it's a thin line your on between getting let off and getting points/ban :/
andy1868

27th Feb 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled a few years back for having no insurance. Turns out the insurance company had the wrong reg for me (2 letters the wrong way round) and provided me with a letter stating that i was in fact insured with them on the date in question. Earlier on in the day i had added business use to the policy over the phone and they had misheard or mistyped the reg. The situation went away when i took the document to the police station.

I'm not sure how it'll pan out if technically it's your neglect, but if they're willing to give you the document saying you were insured on such a vehicle on such a date then you're sorted.
alan-g-w

27th Feb 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just back from the cop shop. Went to the counter, guy came out, looked at both cover notes I had printed out, I explained I had been a fanny and he told me it's fine and he's quite content that the car has been, and is, insured. Happy days.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sorry mate but you dont have any insurance 22 database queries in 0.0146799 seconds