corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting Married and Getting Divorced soon after

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting Married and Getting Divorced soon after
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Feb 14 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this a new trend, I have five lots of friends/associates who have married over the past 18months who are already separated or divorced. Most were in long term relationships of 7/8 years + before they got married; none had kids but they had all lived together for long periods of time before getting married.

Just asked in the office and there's countless examples here as well - seems daft to go to all the expense of a wedding to break up in the months afterwards
Robbo

28th Feb 14 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know a few people like that too. find ot very odd as well, as you say if theyw ere togetehr for a logn tiem beforehand...
3CorsaMeal

28th Feb 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are generally fcuking idiots these days.

We have evolved into twats
mwg

28th Feb 14 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know people that have done this too. Maybe the relationship has run it's course so subconsciously they get married to try and fix it/add excitement but then it doesn't work I don't know

Also people these days do not try and work at relationships/marriages when there is a problem they give up and end it. Throw away society.

[Edited on 28-02-2014 by mwg]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to get married to keep the bird quiet, where as in reality isn't there common laws that mean once you are with someone for a amount of time they get half your shit anyway?
Balling
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Know people that have done this too. Maybe the relationship has run it's course so subconsciously they get married to try and fix it/add excitement but then it doesn't work I don't know
Seems to be the usual reason for getting kids.

spencer88

28th Feb 14 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Have to get married to keep the bird quiet, where as in reality isn't there common laws that mean once you are with someone for a amount of time they get half your shit anyway?

Yep, either two or four years from memory.

Like others have said, throw away society. If something is not working, people just give up.

If you own a house and a light bulb goes, you don't get a new house, you simply fix the bulb.
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they get half your stuff even if your not married. Didnt know that
Dam women

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more annoyed that I bought them all wedding gifts!
sc0ott

28th Feb 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree/sign a prenup before you get married, make sure you get all the stuff. Easily done if you convince the other half that youll never divorce anyway. Profit.
gazza808

28th Feb 14 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Agree/sign a prenup before you get married, make sure you get all the stuff. Easily done if you convince the other half that youll never divorce anyway. Profit.

We don't live in America, prenup isn't worn the paper it's written on in the uk,
Though that could soon be changing.

But I know what you mean about the short term marriages,

Mates just done the same,

Different to back in the day, my parents were together 6months before they got married,
25years later and they're still going. People just seem to be morons now a days.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was really surprised about the couple I heard about yesterday. They've been together for 17 years since they were 15. They've lived together since they were 21, have a home, dog, good jobs and got married in September - found out yesterday that they separated in January!
Root

28th Feb 14 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by willay

Yep, either two or four years from memory.

Sounds retarded. It'd be so easy to just say "broke up for a week on X date" to try get out of it though? lol What a shitty law though

[Edited on 28-02-2014 by Root]
baza31

28th Feb 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
People are generally fcuking idiots these days.

We have evolved into twats

This .

Nowadays people don't really try hard enough . In our parents era both people worked together for their family's and to bring children up in a stable home .Now every one is too fucking slack , it's normal to be single and to go shag whatever moves . My mrs mates change fellas once a month partly due to them been sluts (no pics) and the fact it's deemed normal . It's normal to be a single parent family or have to have step parents . The next generation is going to be fucked
sc0ott

28th Feb 14 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also they didnt have social media websites back then. Nowadays its all about going out at the weekends then uploading photos to online profiles.
Imo its easier for guys and girls to lose interest in each other quicker because of the above.

Then youve got those who have children at 16 year old. They miss out on the partying years because of the brat, and then when its old enough the parents begin the partying catch up, resulting in more relationship failures.
sc0ott

28th Feb 14 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:

We don't live in America, prenup isn't worn the paper it's written on in the uk,
Though that could soon be changing.

Get married in america, get divorced in america.
Liam-Wilko

28th Feb 14 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where I work I see this every day with people jumping from partner to partner every few months.

This day and age due to social media sites a relationship isnt just about 2 people its 2+ every one on facebook
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people have the idea that you must get a bf/gf then get engaged then married then have kids

if you dont do any of this you are deemed not normal.

one of my mates has been married a yearish now and his misses has taken to saying she is unable to have kids because she was sick of people saying they'll be trying for a kid soon.

Im sure they will have one but they said they dont want one yet
Liam-Wilko

28th Feb 14 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is the problem with life to many people quick to judge and say stuff.
ed

28th Feb 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think people feel compelled to do things by a certain point in their life. Buy a house aged xx, get married aged xx, have children aged xx, earn over £35k by age xx. I don't think you can plan things out on such certain terms and getting married because you've been in a relationship with someone for a certain number of years so you can maintain the status quo isn't a great idea.
Jambo

28th Feb 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly ed.

Plus women are fucking mental. That's all needs to be said really.
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My step-sister got married in September (after being with the guy for just a year), and has recently found out she's pregnant. Her husband has freaked out about it, as I don't think he is ready for a kid, and as a result my step-sister is thinking they may divorce.

They are both fucking odd though, and she's a bit stupid and lazy, so it doesn't suprise me.
baza31

28th Feb 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would kick her in the cunt if she got facebook . It's for cunts who need to be reassured at every given opportunity
chloe16v

28th Feb 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also they didnt have social media websites back then. Nowadays its all about going out at the weekends then uploading photos to online profiles.
Imo its easier for guys and girls to lose interest in each other quicker because of the above.

Then youve got those who have children at 16 year old. They miss out on the partying years because of the brat, and then when its old enough the parents begin the partying catch up, resulting in more relationship failures.

i had my first at 16, didnt want to party then and defo dont want to party now id rather snuggle up on the sofa with my family, me and my partner have been together almost 11 years now, 3 kids, not married but date set for september, although we are in the process of trying to buy a house so that might get pushed back because id rather have a house over our heads than a piece of paper

we'v been to hell and back, my partner is 14 years older than me but we have always stuck together and worked everything out, and now, we never ever argue
Root

1st Mar 14 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:

i had my first at 16, didnt want to party then and defo dont want to party now id rather snuggle up on the sofa with my family, me and my partner have been together almost 11 years now, 3 kids, not married but date set for september, although we are in the process of trying to buy a house so that might get pushed back because id rather have a house over our heads than a piece of paper

we'v been to hell and back, my partner is 14 years older than me but we have always stuck together and worked everything out, and now, we never ever argue

september you say? It'll all be over by January, lol, just kidding. Hope not

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting Married and Getting Divorced soon after 23 database queries in 0.0142951 seconds