corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Griffin autosport

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Griffin autosport
N90ATH

User status: Offline
4th Mar 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these guys still making parts?

If not anyone know a place to get conversion bits from and not lmf as well expensive
gazza808

4th Mar 14 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you after? I still have a fair few bits from my conversion.
N90ATH

4th Mar 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Type 2 driver side mounts with rubber and drive shafts
Nic Barnes

4th Mar 14 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure they still do all the stuff. Ask Jed to find out for you.
Jed D

4th Mar 14 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah still are, not 100% sure what they got in stock at the min...
ask david dixon directly over facebook
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Mar 14 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he a bald bloke
Nic Barnes

4th Mar 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
taylorboosh

4th Mar 14 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slanty engines for extra grip alliver the place
Generation

4th Mar 14 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I for my drivers side xe mount from Him, had to Drill holes out to make it like up
Jed D

5th Mar 14 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv sent Dave a link to this thread for you N90ATH, dont know if he's really on here much though...
Im presuming its an xe/let mount your referring too mate?

Theres nothing wrong with the way they line up, as for the slanty engine remark, the x2 of them mounts that are in action (1 on Cols green corsa v6 and 1 on dave and lindens nova v6) where purpose built for those cars... not on production for sale, their mount are fine and have been for many many years of making them...
cant see why you would of had to drill yours Generation
taylorboosh

5th Mar 14 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just taking the piss...

I dont really know anything about the company other then your mates with them.

Hows the fabrication coming?
Jed D

5th Mar 14 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I was just taking the piss...

aren't you always
taylorboosh

5th Mar 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much aye
Generation

5th Mar 14 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's because the holes didn't line up, couldn't even see part of a hole on where third bolt is supposed to go.

Had to drill so could mount engine, until I had bought another.

[Edited on 05-03-2014 by Generation]
gazza808

5th Mar 14 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I second that, I re drilled my v6 mount to get a fit I was happy with.
Corsa_Sport21

5th Mar 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
I second that, I re drilled my v6 mount to get a fit I was happy with.

Yours must have been the prototype.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 14 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming they're hand made.

Surprised people don't make the link with being cheap, and sometimes not being in tolerance.

Sure if you paid him more, he'd have bought a CNC plasma by now and they holes would be in the right place every time.

Might not sound a good deal to you but if you add up what it actually costs to make one vs what car people think they cost, its probably no surprise they're boshed together.
Generation

5th Mar 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's up to him to charge more, and make sure it's done right then?

If I buy somehing for a purpose I expect it to serve that purpose.

Got a cheap car, had no engine in and seller didn't mention that in advert. That ok?
Jed D

5th Mar 14 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv never had any issues with any of my mounts, or shafts/hubs for that matter, the only niggle with the corsa V6 type is you have to have the p/s but non a/c bracket for it to bolt to and they getting quite hard to come by them these days...
i think making a mount that does away with that bit (like a 1 piece type) is something that's getting looked into

generation, im sure if you'd of messaged dave when you purchased it he would of been very fair in resolving your issue. but to say their just bodged together is a bit of a lie, iv seen stacks of mounts and flanges etc... round there and they all look bob on perfect.

i suppose it comes down to the fact that the majority of people in the vaux world want stuff done for free... if the mounts were made out of the greatest of all gear and every bit was machined and lazer cut too the best of standard they'd cost a fair wack more and nobody would want to buy them...
but look at some of lmf's gear for example, charge considerably more for some of the same gear and they are known to be shite, hubs for example... not in all cases btw (before i start another war )

Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 14 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
That's up to him to charge more, and make sure it's done right then?

If I buy somehing for a purpose I expect it to serve that purpose.

Got a cheap car, had no engine in and seller didn't mention that in advert. That ok?

No my point is that a lot of car people I meet want stuff for nothing then wonder why its shit.

I was sort of having a mini-rant about used parts but its the same customers in the same marketplace.

Big thread on Facebook a while back about a guy who bought a door and it was tatty and shit and he was complaining. Cost him £20 delivered.

If that guy with the mounts charged what it cost to run a business making them with the proper gear, he wouldn't sell many. Probably the same reason LMF are loads of money, I would think the markups aren't massive by the time you've made them.
Generation

6th Mar 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That maybe so, doesn't excuse the facts though.
Item advertised as brand new and to do the job. They set the price, hopes not lining up simply doesn't meet the expected requirements. Price doesn't really come into it here
Generation

6th Mar 14 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
iv never had any issues with any of my mounts, or shafts/hubs for that matter, the only niggle with the corsa V6 type is you have to have the p/s but non a/c bracket for it to bolt to and they getting quite hard to come by them these days...
i think making a mount that does away with that bit (like a 1 piece type) is something that's getting looked into

generation, im sure if you'd of messaged dave when you purchased it he would of been very fair in resolving your issue. but to say their just bodged together is a bit of a lie, iv seen stacks of mounts and flanges etc... round there and they all look bob on perfect.

i suppose it comes down to the fact that the majority of people in the vaux world want stuff done for free... if the mounts were made out of the greatest of all gear and every bit was machined and lazer cut too the best of standard they'd cost a fair wack more and nobody would want to buy them...
but look at some of lmf's gear for example, charge considerably more for some of the same gear and they are known to be shite, hubs for example... not in all cases btw (before i start another war )

I didn't say it was bodged together...
Yeah, my project is a great example of trying to get everything for cheap isn't it, I think you'll find it's the compete opposite. I bought a mount (only one I could find) for an xe. If that mount doesn't line up, it's simply not made properly. Whether it's £10 or £100 it's irrelevant. They set the price not me.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Mar 14 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the holes are slightly off then fair enough, but to not even be able to see the bolt hole through the mount hole isnt really acceptable regardless of the price
taylorboosh

6th Mar 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly off isn't even ok?

I expect things i buy to be fit for purpose... If they cant drill holes correctly then how can i be sure of the welding?

John

6th Mar 14 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you not just build a jig out of scrap metal and get the holes in the correct place every time without cnc machine?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Griffin autosport 22 database queries in 0.0153048 seconds