corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa V6 progress, PIC HEAVY, plenty of ammo for the bandwagon

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa V6 progress, PIC HEAVY, plenty of ammo for the bandwagon
Jed D

User status: Offline
8th Mar 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen as its CORSASPORT i thought id share some progress of my corsa sport - V6 drag car in the making

taylor boosh do not comment please

been busy
BarnshaW

8th Mar 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks pretty cool to be honest, a lot of effort and hard work gone in
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Mar 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of times been spent on that. Good stuff Jed

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
taylorboosh

8th Mar 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks much better than the last one... Good work its cool
Jambo

8th Mar 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Looks much better than the last one... Good work its cool
Daimo B

8th Mar 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play for being different n all that shazzle, but, why spend all the time drilling lots of tiny holes for tiny weight loss advantages, then sticking a hugely heavy V6 in the front?

Would it not be far more prudent to use a known and easily tuneable engine, where its much lighter, and can produce a lot more power with scope for improvement.

Without supercharger, or V6 throttle bodies (doubtfull theres enough room under a corsa bonnet), they aren't the easiest engines to get power from.

But for me, its weight loss, then sticking a huge amount of weight back in it thing. Just doesn't make sense?

Why not go for something like the 1.6 Turbo engine from a VXR, or even a 2.0 Ecotec, or even the Ali 2.2 16v with turbo/supercharger combo? Much lighter, and im sure the Yanks are getting like 700+bhp from them with moniez chucked in?

Even a healthy NA redtop with stupid weight loss can break the 13's, which is roughly what this would be getting into (maybe low 13s?).

Not a piss take, genuine questions.
Jed D

8th Mar 14 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads...
still a lot to do but very little to buy... my main concern is the exhaust manifolds. i made the mistake of paying a small fortune to get some honda accord n/a V6 ones shipped over from the states to do some 'minor fabrication work' to, turns out their miles out and not what im after.... the import taxes to send them back would of made it a case of throwing money down the drain so they just sat here in the box... im thinking about just getting some made, mabye like a tubular version of the omega ones (go sideways) then maybe up out the bonnet or together and out the wing. im stuck

hoping to get the engine mounted once iv gave the sides another coat of matt black paint

anyone know anyone with a n/a V6 honda?
taylorboosh

8th Mar 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill give you a keyring to chuck in with them.

Daimo - not one if your suggestions can be done on a budget - even the xe

Plus the weight gives him better grip?
Jed D

8th Mar 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Fair play for being different n all that shazzle, but, why spend all the time drilling lots of tiny holes for tiny weight loss advantages, then sticking a hugely heavy V6 in the front?

Would it not be far more prudent to use a known and easily tuneable engine, where its much lighter, and can produce a lot more power with scope for improvement.

Without supercharger, or V6 throttle bodies (doubtfull theres enough room under a corsa bonnet), they aren't the easiest engines to get power from.

But for me, its weight loss, then sticking a huge amount of weight back in it thing. Just doesn't make sense?

Why not go for something like the 1.6 Turbo engine from a VXR, or even a 2.0 Ecotec, or even the Ali 2.2 16v with turbo/supercharger combo? Much lighter, and im sure the Yanks are getting like 700+bhp from them with moniez chucked in?

Even a healthy NA redtop with stupid weight loss can break the 13's, which is roughly what this would be getting into (maybe low 13s?).

Not a piss take, genuine questions.

reason for the current V6 is partially down to my previous V6 corsa wich managed 12.9et, 1.8 60ft's, 0-60 4.2secs, 106mph and it was just a stock C25XE with G cams on the inlet, 3l lower divider, fse reg, c20xe ttv fly and helix paddle clucth with F20 box... this is just a more improved version of it, even less weight, little more power, little more torque etc...

and to say that a lighterweight engine would be better isnt necessarily true in FWD drag, the shire weight of the V6 with some low psi decent front tyres gets some unreal traction hence the good 60ft's...
and theres still a fair bit to come from the V6 imo. my mates are currently sat on a 10.9 run by chucking a load of nitrous into a de-stroked 3l V6

and the reason i wouldnt go for something turbo is im wanting to push the 'all motor' time as far as i can on my budget

as for the alloy 2.2, wey, theres a lot more than just 700bhp getting pushed out of them in the states... we're miles behind over here still chucking thousands into CLET's and such

as for the c20xe, i think 13.7 out of a 'stock ' (previous threads joke) is the best they can go without plumbing ££££'s into them...

the engine im using is a x30xe with c25xe running gear, heavily skimmed heads, exhaust ports done right out and the same ttv c20xe fly, helix paddle and f20 from the last one... kind of just wanting to improve on what iv already done

taylorboosh

8th Mar 14 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heavily skimmed heads to raise the compression?

Dont know much about engines tbh, does that give gains? Serious question
Jed D

8th Mar 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Heavily skimmed heads to raise the compression?

Dont know much about engines tbh, does that give gains? Serious question

wont make a huge difference i imagine, only one way to find out....

suppose you could still say its a stock x30xe then

gazza808

8th Mar 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my direct port nitrous kit and controller some time please.
taylorboosh

8th Mar 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you weigh the new cradle to the standard one?
Jed D

8th Mar 14 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Buy my direct port nitrous kit and controller some time please.

staying 'all motor' mate

quote:
Did you weigh the new cradle to the standard one?

huh?
boylers11

8th Mar 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm enjoying this project. A lot of hard work is going into it, which is a lot more that can be said for most project threads recently!! Keep up the good work and updates!
taylorboosh

8th Mar 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front subframe thing..
Daimo B

8th Mar 14 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D

reason for the current V6 is partially down to my previous V6 corsa wich managed 12.9et, 1.8 60ft's, 0-60 4.2secs, 106mph and it was just a stock C25XE with G cams on the inlet, 3l lower divider, fse reg, c20xe ttv fly and helix paddle clucth with F20 box... this is just a more improved version of it, even less weight, little more power, little more torque etc...

and to say that a lighterweight engine would be better isnt necessarily true in FWD drag, the shire weight of the V6 with some low psi decent front tyres gets some unreal traction hence the good 60ft's...
and theres still a fair bit to come from the V6 imo. my mates are currently sat on a 10.9 run by chucking a load of nitrous into a de-stroked 3l V6

and the reason i wouldnt go for something turbo is im wanting to push the 'all motor' time as far as i can on my budget

as for the alloy 2.2, wey, theres a lot more than just 700bhp getting pushed out of them in the states... we're miles behind over here still chucking thousands into CLET's and such

as for the c20xe, i think 13.7 out of a 'stock ' (previous threads joke) is the best they can go without plumbing ££££'s into them...

the engine im using is a x30xe with c25xe running gear, heavily skimmed heads, exhaust ports done right out and the same ttv c20xe fly, helix paddle and f20 from the last one... kind of just wanting to improve on what iv already done

12.9, thats pretty good going that!

Ahhh thats fair enough then. Budget drag racing using a big CC NA engine. Not my choice, but fair play for sticking at doing something different and tinkering to improve

Least your sticking to straight lines and not kdding yourself that a V6 "handles well"
Jed D

8th Mar 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Front subframe thing..

you mean the double 40mm box section crossmember?
if so, i dunno exact weight, if you take the tie bar to cross member brackets into consideration too, then the new ways a hell of a lot lighter than before, judging by picking the old cross member up and the box section up by hand
wasn't really aiming to loose weight out of there if im honest though, iv heard of people putting concrete and led in around that area to keep the car within a certain weight and keep it in the right area

fuel tanks going down the drivers side once iv found an alloy welder... too much chew for my fabricator to changer a welder over, already got a decent size tank ready, just need slight alterations
Corsa_Sport21

9th Mar 14 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will you be competing in TOTB this year.
John

9th Mar 14 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This seems very similar to the project thread you had before, expect in general chat.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that battery is twice as big and heavy as it needs to be
taylorboosh

9th Mar 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with steve on that... Get a little one like the puma had
Nic Barnes

9th Mar 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the smaller battery make a big difference Steve parked under that sheet?
*CorsaCal*

9th Mar 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint mate. Coming along nicely.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 14 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about as much difference as drilling all those small holes will make

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa V6 progress, PIC HEAVY, plenty of ammo for the bandwagon 23 database queries in 0.0200820 seconds