corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera question- No I havint been caught!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed Camera question- No I havint been caught!
Munchie

User status: Offline
10th Mar 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving to Birmingham yesterday from Liverpool on the M6 and there were many 50mph speed limits with the proper yellow speed camera thingies that face towards you and are pretty high in the air.

Forgot what they are called......Anyway......as these are average speed cameras, i understand it is wise to stick to 50mph as much as possible to avoid 3 points on your license.....

But my question is the following:

Why do you always see cars pelting down the motorway at normal speed when cameras are evident at 50mph!! Saw a few yesterday an just wondered ha
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive shot through a few previously when roads are empty/late at night and not ever had anything come through,

Steve
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worse than that iv seen people accelerate between them then hit the brakes just before every one
alan-g-w

10th Mar 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're on the m77 up here, there's speculation that they don't work if you change lanes between cameras, straddle lanes while going through them etc. They can and do catch people with them though, my sister's pal's dad got caught but he tried to say it was his wife driving due to excessive points. They promptly sent him a photo of him driving the car, his wife in the passenger seat and my sister's pal sitting in the back sleeping and asked 'are you sure now'. To which he conceded the points
SVM 286

10th Mar 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whoops. Bet he felt a bit of a 'narna.
Ben G

10th Mar 14 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people that do this make me laugh. Either they've got some kind of inside info or are just retarded.
baza31

10th Mar 14 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the new ones on m62 that change speed also alter the speed cameras built onto the bridge . I also wonder wtf they are doing when I see them speeding past. Why would you risk it
bigron1988

10th Mar 14 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is probably registered in a made up persons name so they wont get the points , or they have bought the car and the previous owner has just given the log book to them so it will all go back to the last owner
fred7

11th Mar 14 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The normal speed camaras on the same part of the M6 on the bridges do also work. Sat in traffic last week and seen them flash about 8 cars. There are also varible speed limits on that stretch.

[Edited on 11-03-2014 by fred7]
Andrew

12th Mar 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never heard of anyone getting done on the average speed cameras up until a few months ago. I have always stuck to the limit.
Ben G

12th Mar 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got done by a cunting variable one on the m6. Tossers.

Generation

12th Mar 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how I've never been done by them. Gone through loads over speed limit (now huge speeds) just 60 in a 50 etc. never heard anything
tom130691
Premium Member

12th Mar 14 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I don't know how I've never been done by them. Gone through loads over speed limit (now huge speeds) just 60 in a 50 etc. never heard anything

I tend to stay below 70 in case they arnt actualy variable and ive had no problems
dragon2309

12th Mar 14 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only speed in small villages and near schools where there are no speed cameras.
SVM 286

15th Mar 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent idea dragon.

By the way, when i'm on the motorway and I encounter these things, I tend to stare at the speedo with a fixed gaze to ensure the most important thing of all, my speed.

Just like one is meant to presumably.

I mean, after all, that must surely take priority over all other considerations or they wouldn't be there in the first place.

I often wonder why they ARE there though. As I have never EVER, not once, seen any workers in, around, or near a set of motorway variable speed cameras.
Bonney

15th Mar 14 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See this every day, usually they fly right upto the camera, brake then fly off again.

Whenever I go through them, weather it be in the car or truck, cruise control gets set to speed and just cruise through.
antnee

17th Mar 14 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a rumour that the ones which were on the M1 through Notts when they widened the motorway were just switched on for a few hours a day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed Camera question- No I havint been caught! 22 database queries in 0.0123651 seconds