corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where to take my mrs for her 21st?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where to take my mrs for her 21st?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 14 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

. Can't be spending big bucks as I earn feck all. But want to take her somewhere nice for her 21st. Not too fussed if it's in uk or abroad like?
Any ideas?
12vStig

10th Mar 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up the shitter
Brett
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could probably get return flights to Paris and accommodation for 2 nights for sub £250.
deano87

10th Mar 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's quite a broad question.

1 night, multiple nights, 1 week, activity, romantic.

If she's into her meat and cathdrals, I can wholeheartedly recommend a stay at The Lazy Cow in Salisbury.

Bit of a trek from Formby like.
deano87

10th Mar 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. pics?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
you could probably get return flights to Paris and accommodation for 2 nights for sub £250.

Neither of us have really fancied Paris to be honest? I'm sure we would like it if we went but it's never appealed to start off with

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
That's quite a broad question.

1 night, multiple nights, 1 week, activity, romantic.

If she's into her meat and cathdrals, I can wholeheartedly recommend a stay at The Lazy Cow in Salisbury.

Bit of a trek from Formby like.

Either a weekend or a week.
If it's abroad is like to go for a week or so if it's uk then I don't mind just a weekend?
If it's the uk I'm thinking maby try find a place that does sort of cabins on a lake? That sort of thing

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
Up the shitter

Can do that at home when ever I want...

Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vegas

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Brett
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take a look at where the budget airlines fly for cheap flights then find cheap accommodation in your chosen place. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get out into Europe for
P1CK4D

11th Mar 14 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took my gf to Portugal for a weekend for 2 nights for her 21st. For hotel, flights and car it cost me less than £200. I booked everything separately and it worked out really well.
mwg

11th Mar 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 4 nights in a 5 star hotel in Rome city centre with flights for £350 each in October on lastminute.com
stan_the_man

11th Mar 14 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to fly Ryanair back and forth to Rome for between 20 and 100 quid depending on time of year etc. Hotel could be arranged on the cheap i'd imagine.
Dom

11th Mar 14 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, CS has gone down hill! Where's the "pics of missus"?
Balling
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
A few posts above yours.

andy1868

11th Mar 14 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prague, cheap flights, cheap hotel and cheap while you're there. Ace place to be, and really quite romantic so she'll love it
baza31

11th Mar 14 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
Prague, cheap flights, cheap hotel and cheap while you're there. Ace place to be, and really quite romantic so she'll love it

Especially if she's into prostitutes .

I'd book a week in a log cabin in North Yorkshire . I've been twice and it's great . Cost about 300ish for the pair of us and we had our own little cabin with a hot tub . Ideal if you want a bit of shut off time plus plenty to do if you can be arsed . Am going to book again for August time
Dom

11th Mar 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
A few posts above yours.

Trust Deano to get in there
andy1868

11th Mar 14 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, if she's up for prostitutes you may want to propose to her there lmao

On a serious note, it's nowhere near as bad as some people say, I managed to spend 6 days there and not see a single stag party or a single prostitute. Everywhere sells cannabis everything though :/
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dublin has potential. It's not that cheap out there but our return flights and accomadation were less than 100 each (2 nights) ad that was a slap bang in the middle of temple bar
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 14 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greenlaning.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:

I'd book a week in a log cabin in North Yorkshire . I've been twice and it's great . Cost about 300ish for the pair of us and we had our own little cabin with a hot tub . Ideal if you want a bit of shut off time plus plenty to do if you can be arsed . Am going to book again for August time

She really is into her prostitutes...
I don't like the sound of Prague for time with the mrs. Seems more of a lads weekend?

I was thinking about something like that if it where going to be in the uk though. Somewhere near a nice lake or something. I do like the sound of being away from it all and shut off.
Got a link to where you stayed?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Dublin has potential. It's not that cheap out there but our return flights and accomadation were less than 100 each (2 nights) ad that was a slap bang in the middle of temple bar

I've always thought Ireland was silly prices?
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 14 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink in Temple Bar area can be but was offset with what we paid for flights and accommodation. Flights were £31 return.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Mar 14 at 03:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did Budapest for £130 flights and accommodation, three nights.

Just booked Gdansk £160 for four nights.

You won't get as good a deal if you're stuck to particular dates but we just get on Sky Scanner and Trip Advisor and see what is cheap but still well ranked.

I tend to do a bit of homework on the public transport as well, note down a few places you want to go see and learn the bus and tram routes.

Normally end up with a day by day plan, sounds a bit anal but we tend to fit in quite a lot and it needn't cost a lot if you favour free attractions and cheap transport. We met up with some lads who we met on the plane out there who were getting cabs everywhere, they were paying the same per journey as we paid for a week long travel pass.

Drinks were cheap as well. From what I've heard about Dublin, you're not going to enjoy being had off for a pint when you could be in Eastern Europe eating like a king.
baza31

12th Mar 14 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
quote:

I don't like the sound of Prague for time with the mrs. Seems more of a lads weekend?

I was thinking about something like that if it where going to be in the uk though. Somewhere near a nice lake or something. I do like the sound of being away from it all and shut off.

I will find name when I get home and let you know
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Mar 14 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I did Budapest for £130 flights and accommodation, three nights.

Just booked Gdansk £160 for four nights.

You won't get as good a deal if you're stuck to particular dates but we just get on Sky Scanner and Trip Advisor and see what is cheap but still well ranked.

I tend to do a bit of homework on the public transport as well, note down a few places you want to go see and learn the bus and tram routes.

Normally end up with a day by day plan, sounds a bit anal but we tend to fit in quite a lot and it needn't cost a lot if you favour free attractions and cheap transport. We met up with some lads who we met on the plane out there who were getting cabs everywhere, they were paying the same per journey as we paid for a week long travel pass.

Drinks were cheap as well. From what I've heard about Dublin, you're not going to enjoy being had off for a pint when you could be in Eastern Europe eating like a king.

I tend to do that when I'm going to city's. Like I did when we went Amsterdam.
I'm not really stuck for dates. I'd like to take her on her birthday of course but I'm not really bothered about a month either way. We can both get time off quite easily really.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
quote:

I will find name when I get home and let you know

Cheers dude

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where to take my mrs for her 21st? 23 database queries in 0.0153360 seconds