corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel refurb day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel refurb day
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Mar 14 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have finally managed to split my two piece BBS rims. What a job that was.

Anyway, they have lips which ideally I want polishing, but slightly worried about maintenance?

Is there a powder coat that would give me a similar look?

Also what is the going rate for polishing rims? just outer lips.
Corsa_Sport21

17th Mar 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you not get them polished, then lacquer over the top.

What problems were you having splitting them?? 2 piece wheels are easy. Can even do it with the tyres on and fully inflated.

[Edited on 17-03-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
corsa-torque

17th Mar 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get them polished and give them a coat of lacquer??
Tomnova16
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome powder coat. Have it on my split bbs wheels on the tourer. Have a look in my project thread. It's the centre nuts

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Minty_Fresh

17th Mar 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

What problems were you having splitting them?? 2 piece wheels are easy. Can even do it with the tyres on and fully inflated.

This, only a pain if bolts round..

Polished and lacquered I personally wouldn't bother with as it will dull the finish and one stone chip to cause moisture to get underneath and it will start lifting.

There is chrome powder coat as Tom said, look ace before lacquer but dull loads once lacquered (done a set today at a friends work)

I would personally just get them polished and seal them, then you will benefit of having the proper polished finish and be protected, some products have a very long protection life.

daymoon
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Minty_Fresh
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

This, only a pain if bolts round..

Polished and lacquered I personally wouldn't bother with as it will dull the finish and one stone chip to cause moisture to get underneath and it will start lifting.

There is chrome powder coat as Tom said, look ace before lacquer but dull loads once lacquered (done a set today at a friends work)

I would personally just get them polished and seal them, then you will benefit of having the proper polished finish and be protected, some products have a very long protection life.

Bolts rounded. yes. Stupid 12 spline bolts as well.

What would be cost of polishing?
Minty_Fresh

17th Mar 14 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup I know exactly what it's like lol

Anywhere between £15-25 a dish from experience of calling round..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel refurb day 23 database queries in 0.0097280 seconds