corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the thread to replace the mrs car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember the thread to replace the mrs car?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
20th Mar 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we got one

Its a 60 plate polo bluemotion on 50 k. Got £3k for the note trade in.

Its pretty cool to drive actually, doesnt feel slow.

The main reason for purchase though...
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GF used to drive 1 of these when with a client at her job, and said it was one of the worst cars she had ever driven. Gutless, felt like a poorly built car, and just horrible place to be in general. She hated it.
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive been driving it tonight? No rattles or sqeeks?

Handles ok, nice gear change ect... Course its not fast, its a 75bhp hatchback designed for economy... Derv torque means its fine 50-60 though..

Meh what im saying is your gf talks bollocks
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 14 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many girls I know that would comment on build quality and being gutless
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worse thing is, she drive's a 307 and said its like driving a Rolls Royce compared to the Polo. lol.

As for the torque, she did mention it didn't have any, and that the gear ratio's are all over the place. No power when you need it without having to drop down a few gears. She had to drive through town in 3rd gear as anything above that and it wouldn't move.
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has she been in any of your cars? If so her opinion is invalid mate
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 14 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She dosn't get near them. But i drive her 307 so that's good enough for me to see where she is coming from.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Mar 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a bluemotion thing on hire in Belgium, remember having to change from 6th to 4th... still kangeroo'ing, into third... just about got to the top

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe were discussing performance of an eco car? Drives fine to me, not a great deal slower than the clio dci?

The gearing isnt ideal tbh but its not hard to drive - i managed just fine.

However the comments on quality and the horrible place to be are bollocks...
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
She dosn't get near them. But i drive her 307 so that's good enough for me to see where she is coming from.

That doesnt make sence? How can driving her 307 show you what a blue-motion is like?
taylorboosh

20th Mar 14 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its also only got about 25 ft lb of torque less than my clio
Jambo

20th Mar 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My GF used to drive 1 of these when with a client at her job, and said it was one of the worst cars she had ever driven. Gutless, felt like a poorly built car, and just horrible place to be in general. She hated it.

Personal preference and all that. But I find any of that entirely implausible.

The 307 is widely known as being one of the worst Peugeots ever made. Terrible record, and hence why Peugeot have changed the car so drastically to acutally entice people to buy the new one. The Polo is always regarded as being a class leader, if on the expensive side. I do not care for VW's myself, but I do know they are very good cars.

Andrew

20th Mar 14 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, decent mpg on these!

I keep looking at changing the pug but i can't justify financing a car as i can't afford one out right at the moment.

No rattles or bangs after 50k is boss. Pug is on 49k and sounds like it's falling apart
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 06:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like the look of the older Blumotion ones, but the new Polo looks too big imo. Bit like most cars really.

Are you going to test out what MPG she get's? I'd very interested to see what it will do, in the real world.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by corsadonk]
Seany

21st Mar 14 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at one before I got the astra. It didn't like hills at all and the interior left a lot to be desired. Outside of them they look great which was why I first took it out. I just felt for the money I could get alot more elsewhere.
They do look great outside though even the poverty spec ones.
Ben G

21st Mar 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Worse thing is, she drive's a 307 and said its like driving a Rolls Royce compared to the Polo. lol.

As for the torque, she did mention it didn't have any, and that the gear ratio's are all over the place. No power when you need it without having to drop down a few gears. She had to drive through town in 3rd gear as anything above that and it wouldn't move.

A girl talking about torque and gear ratio's? Marry her.
Tiger

21st Mar 14 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs slamming.
taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wont be getting modded, dint get me wrong, lowered with wheels would be cool - but i am not financing that for her, and theres no was she will lol

She does mostly/all urban driving so will leave it a few weeks then read the trip
taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

The 307 is widely known as being one of the worst Peugeots ever made. Terrible record, and hence why Peugeot have changed the car so drastically to acutally entice people to buy the new one. The Polo is always regarded as being a class leader, if on the expensive side. I do not care for VW's myself, but I do know they are very good cars.

sc0ott

21st Mar 14 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Not being old enough to drive is the cause of that.
baza31

21st Mar 14 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my mrs a 2 month old one and had it a year or so and it was sound . Wasn't blue motion so am not too sure on the differances apart from a different gear box . I was looking at getting her another but I think new shape is due out any moment so I'll hang on
baza31

21st Mar 14 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Not being old enough to drive is the cause of that.

taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I bought my mrs a 2 month old one and had it a year or so and it was sound . Wasn't blue motion so am not too sure on the differances apart from a different gear box . I was looking at getting her another but I think new shape is due out any moment so I'll hang on

Seems a nice little car to me tbh certainly a lot better than the shitty note she has now
Corsa_Sport21

21st Mar 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

It's 12 years old, they stopped making the 307 about 9 years ago, so not sure what you mean about changing it drastically to entice people to buy the new one. I find the part about it being one of the worst Peugeot's made bollocks too. She's had it over a year, covered over 10k miles, hasn't put a foot wrong, hasn't been serviced, and pretty much sailed its mot a few months back. It's well built, comfy, excellent on fuel for a heavy car with a 1.6 16v engine. Goes well enough too. I just done a 360 mile round trip in it, mixed driving, and would have gladly done it all over again.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by Corsa_Sport21]
Corsa_Sport21

21st Mar 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

A girl talking about torque and gear ratio's? Marry her.

She never specifically said torque and gear ratio's, but explained it well enough for me to understand what she meant.

Gutless in every gear in relation to the torque, and having to drop down gears to go anywhere, or sit in 3rd through town, or a gear lower than normal on higher speed roads in relation to the gear ratios.

Ive taught her well

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the thread to replace the mrs car? 23 database queries in 0.0135498 seconds