corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone on CorsaC able to open this thread?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on CorsaC able to open this thread?
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
2nd May 14 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=185725

I'm needing this tutorial on how to re-align the linkage on a Tigra B/Corsa C.

If anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it

Thanks
Dom

2nd May 14 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not the tutorial on CS (HERE)?
Simon_16v

2nd May 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a different gearbox to the B, I think I've found the spring button thing on the gearbox but it's in a different location
ShEp

2nd May 14 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lift the gaiter inside and stick an allen key through the hole that lines up in the stick and the holder.
Balling
Premium Member

2nd May 14 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures don't work.

quote:

Okay, well as this is a common problem i thought i would take pics and make a tutorial whilst changing my gear linkage. So when you have to change yours, you don't have to pay a mechanic. Also this is an easy job, i have no mechanical experience and managed it fine.

I bought my new linkage off ebay for £35 (As Below)

Step1) Put the car in neutral, open bonnet and locate gear linkage. The red arrow below points to it although you can't really see it in this pic.

Step2) Make a mark on the gear link rod where it meets the gear linkage. (I did this by scraping it with a small alan key as the bend in it makes it easier to reach the gear link rod with). In this pic below you mark the black bar with the white clip aroung it, where it meets the lighter metal where my orange circle is. ITS IMPORTANT YOU MARK THIS BECAUSE THE GEAR ROD MUST GO IN YOUR NEW LINKAGE AT THE SAME DEPTH.

Step 3) Now again refering to the pic above. Undo the bolt (pointed to by the red arrow) with a large alan key. You can see what size you will need but testing it on your new gear linkage. You won't need a spanner to hold the nut circled in orange as it is already soldered on.

Step 4) Refering to the pic below. Now you need to remove the hollow pin which the red arrow points at. To do this you need to pinch the pin in, which is pointed to by the orange arrow although you can't see it, and pull the top (where the red arrow points) with a pair of pliars. KEEP THIS PIN AS YOU NEED IT TO FIT THE NEW LINKAGE IN PLACE.

Step 5) Now take the black clip off, to do this you will need to loosen all four clips (pointed to by the red arrow) with a small screw driver. Once all 4 clips are losened just pull it off. It doesn't matter if you break this clip as you sould get a new one with your gear linkage.

Step 6) Remove gear linkage, and grease the metal pin that the black clip was on top of. Also grease moving parts of the new gear linkage. Now place the new gear linkage on the greased pin and follow this tutorial backwards to set it up.

Make sure you tighten the bolt holding the gear link rod to the gear linkage really tight and check it after a few weeks to make sure it still is.

Now start you car with the clutch down and slowly lift it up, if you don't get a bite then you have done it right. Now put in in reverse and go back a little then in 1st. Once your happy it works go for a little drive. It will feel tight at first but you just need to bed it in.

Simon_16v

2nd May 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Balling.

Got it done in the end, took a couple of attempts but reverse, 1st and 2nd gear can be used again

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone on CorsaC able to open this thread? 23 database queries in 0.0119140 seconds