corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » eBay painted wings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay painted wings
kennySRi

User status: Offline
16th May 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a new wing and obviously it painting. Noticed that eBay do pattern wings and painted any colour for a good price.

Has anybody had experience of these? It's for a bmw by the way. Not sure if it'll be a proper crap job or not.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th May 14 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard is down to who does them and if its off Ebay that could be anything from a proper bodyshop to a guy in his shed. No way to tell which until you investigate further.
kennySRi

16th May 14 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've emailed them asking but I doubt they'll reply now

Probably a bad idea so I'll just get a genuine one painted by people who I trust.
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 14 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will not match the rest of your car, will stand out like a sore thumb at various angles, better to pay a bit more and get it blended at a body shop
jay26

16th May 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E46 by any chance? I bought one last week colour was a very close match and actually fitted pretty well
kennySRi

16th May 14 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes E46. It's Estoril blue so I'm not too sure if it will match that good. Which listing did you go with? There's a few different ones. Have you a pic of it fitted to see what the wings are like?
Jamie-C

16th May 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't fit right and colour match will be off. Stop being cheap and do it right, it's not as if its an old Corrado or something
ShEp

16th May 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
It will not match the rest of your car, will stand out like a sore thumb at various angles, better to pay a bit more and get it blended at a body shop

I mullered a wing on my astra a couple of years ago (balljoint snapped)

Bought a pattern part and had a mate paint it.

It turned out perfect, I may have been lucky, tbh I expected it to be a different shade.

When the insurance approved bodyshop painted the 1/4 it took 3 attempts, it was wayyyy off twice and I rejected the repair.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also depends on the colour, how much the original paint has faded, and the type of paint, especially if it's metallic because when you paint the flakes lie in a certain direction, obviously if you are then painting a part seperate, chances are the flakes will be laid in different direction, hence why you catch it in sunlight it looks off.

Not specifically aimed at anyone here, but I generally pay no attention to people's opinions that a paint is a perfect match. Iv seen so many people claim this when it's as clear as day it's a mismatch
ShEp

17th May 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Iv seen so many people claim this when it's as clear as day it's a mismatch

This.

Sometimes pretty difficult to tell.

Usually shows up in photos where a flash has been used.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » eBay painted wings 22 database queries in 0.0123839 seconds