corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » advice please ! on my sri engine change or sell or rebuild !!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice please ! on my sri engine change or sell or rebuild !!!
sri-sam

User status: Offline
18th May 14 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recent purchest a corsa b sri - c14se 8v
it had a ratterly bottom end ,
the past 2 days ive took apart the bottom end,
changed
oil
filter
big end shells
sump gasket and just fitted a cambelt kit

just wont advise,
its still ratterling and dont know whether to throw some money into it and rebuild the engine ? as dont know how much it would be in parts

put a diffrent engine in it ?

or buy a corsa c ive seen cheep . for £650

the corsa is in ok condition , needs a driver door from badly bend from broken into ,
also abit of welding under the front jacking point has cracked ,

my problem is , , ,

id love to rebuild but hard to get parts ?
and not sure if its worth rebuilding n puting money into the engine as there not powerfull ,

bigger engine but its still alot of work and its hard finding a decent engine thats guaranty it having no problems ?

or buy another car with the money am borrowing and sell my sri complete or in bits , but means changing insurance also the 1.0 is abit more on insurance lol !

advise please what you would think is best to do ! meny thanks sam,
kennySRi

19th May 14 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want a simple conversion I've got a c16se for sale out of a nova in great condition. The looms are identical so will just go straight in. Will be worth while because you'll get more power as well. U2U me if you're interested.
sri-sam

19th May 14 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to sell or break the car now ,

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » advice please ! on my sri engine change or sell or rebuild !!! 22 database queries in 0.0086269 seconds