corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 301 Greatest Movies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 301 Greatest Movies
MoesTavern

User status: Offline
30th May 14 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.sky.com/story/1271359/star-wars-episode-v-named-best-film-ever

Thoughts?

I love Empire but the best film ever?

And The Dark Knight at number 3? Fuck off.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

transformers, terminator 2, bad boys???

dark knight should be top 5 at least
Mad Moe

30th May 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair every similar lists I've seen the top 20 or so are all exactly the same just in a different order.
Marc

30th May 14 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the best film ever but it is pretty complete as far as Sci-Fi/Star Wars goes. The problem with The Dark Knight is that everyone bums it because they are told that Heath Ledger (RIP etc) gave his best performance and left a lasting legacy for generations to come. In truth, had he not died his performance would have been praised but he would not have received a posthumous Oscar and the film would probably reside in the top 20 somewhere.

The list is flawed when you have cinematic classics like A Nightmare on Elm Street, West Side Story, The Great Escape, To Kill A Mockingbird and Amadeus way down the list.

Newer films like The Hunger Games to be considered amongst the best ever made is a bit dubious.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not the best film ever but it is pretty complete as far as Sci-Fi/Star Wars goes. The problem with The Dark Knight is that everyone bums it because they are told that Heath Ledger (RIP etc) gave his best performance and left a lasting legacy for generations to come. In truth, had he not died his performance would have been praised but he would not have received a posthumous Oscar and the film would probably reside in the top 20 somewhere.

The list is flawed when you have cinematic classics like A Nightmare on Elm Street, West Side Story, The Great Escape, To Kill A Mockingbird and Amadeus way down the list.

Newer films like The Hunger Games to be considered amongst the best ever made is a bit dubious.

I have said before that he wouldn't have been given an award. but imo its up there with the best films ive ever seen
MoesTavern

30th May 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree personally, each to their own and all that but apart from Ledger's performance it's a deeply average film IMO.
Mad Moe

30th May 14 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we're talking the best films of all time I dont think The Dark Knight would be anywhere near my top 10
johnny86
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sad but American graffiti is my all time great film.
kz

2nd Jun 14 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Matrix for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 301 Greatest Movies 22 database queries in 0.0070560 seconds