corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rebuilt c20xe not running right and steering issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rebuilt c20xe not running right and steering issue
sparcost3

User status: Offline
4th Jun 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ive got an early c20xe dizzy type engine and its had a fresh rebuild by myself, seems to drive ok until you put your foot down a little of which it responds with alot of noise but dosent really pick up revs fast if atall... but as i say its not undriveable just seems wierd

obviously ive only just started driving the car the engines now done about 100 miles now and i havent taken it above 3000 rpm.. (through all gears)

i did the paperclip/ flash test on the ecu and it read code 61 and 21

61 is a fuel filter thing under the wing which i nolonger have as it has braided fuel lines inside the car so can ignore that and the 21 is throttle position sensor which i replaced but still get the same code error?

any ideas on this?

also i have a feeling the ecu is a different 1 that it should be as the previous owner said its got a wire hanging out which earths the lambda sensor out of the ecu.. now it runs no different whatsoever with or without that cable earthed?

do i need a new ecu? is it worth trying 1 thats definatley right?

any ideas much apriciated

the steering issue is

as im travling along theres no problem until i brake hard or let off the acelerator at speed,

at either of those points theres a click/knock noise and the car twitches/pulls to 1 side for a few seconds and it feels horible..

its not the wheel bearings as there brand new and tight with no play?

tracking is out a little

any ideas would be great.

many thanks, steve
Generation

5th Jun 14 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had exactly same issues with mine last week and was TPS. Have you metered the plug?
sparcost3

6th Jun 14 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by metered the plug? I'm pretty sure tps has to be the issue
sparcost3

6th Jun 14 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the throttle body has been ported and polished with knife edges etc maybe that's fucking it up? Deffo no gaps though
monkeytwizzel

6th Jun 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be right there! I did a port and polish/knife edge on a c20xe throttle body and f*** it right up.
Looked ok at first glance but it snatchy on throttle and uneven idle,almost undriverble.

gary2097

10th Jun 14 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got this steering issue on my car haven't fixed it yet due to the crap weather but found it's the universal joint on the steering column not expensive to fix

New Poll