corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Reddcoin

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reddcoin
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 14 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So all the crypto currency followers on here...

Whos following, investing in or tipping in reddcoin?

We transferred all the winnings to date from the cs euro syndicate into them at 0.08c per thousands. Now up to 0.12c/1000. 50% ROI at present.

I can see this really taking off. Having been following the devs on reddit etc, they are really clued up, and seem to be doing a lot of the right things within crypto.

Its never going to be valued like bitcoin is per coin, due to the volume, but I can see this being adopted by facebook and going up pretty big.

Anyone elses thoughts?

www.reddcoin.com

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Brett
Premium Member

21st Aug 14 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise anyone still bothered tbh
John

21st Aug 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will take off as much as the rest of them have which is not at all. Bitcoin was a one off, litecoin hanging on its coattails for a bit.

Following devs on reddit isn't much guide of what they know, they'll be posting on there so PaulJ types think they are ahead of the game, generating interest.
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you looked at reddcoin and the plans they have in place for where they are heading etc?

Russ

22nd Aug 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes yes big plans, dell boy dan, not going anywhere
John

22nd Aug 14 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big plans, 6 months ahead of the curve, dad said I couldn't do it.
Dom

22nd Aug 14 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from (what i gather from the video) the browser extensions that insert 'tip' buttons into social media sites; what makes it different to any other cryptocurrency?

It also doesn't look good when Reddcoin hit a peak back in July (likely due to hype) and has been on the 'down' since, which is the same story across the board of cryptocurrencies tbf.
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the fact it has a long term plan and purpose, its innovative. They have created a social wallet, which is much tider, and more appealing to the average computer user.

The fact that recently its actually gone up in value while BTC has gone down is a huge positive.

You defo don't want the coin to shoot up in value fast. It needs to be a slow growth into something that has a use and is developed correctly. That's how its been heading the past few months.

Im not saying this is the next millionaire making project, its clearly not going to reach the same price per coin as bitcoin etc. But I think out of all the coins, this one actually has potential.

It may well flop to nothing, who knows.

Russ

22nd Aug 14 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might aswel invest it with Cosmo's dad and his parrot, octopus, cactus, ham sandwich, pin number
Dom

22nd Aug 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
It needs to be a slow growth into something that has a use and is developed correctly. That's how its been heading the past few months.

The last 30 days don't look particularly great though, not that it means it was all hype and the arse has fallen out already

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Dom]
Dan
Premium Member

7th Sep 14 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a long game Dom, as the devs are saying, price is totally irrelevant for now. There is very little done in the way of looking for new users at present.

Check out the latest update from the devs...

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2fncbj/social_x_architecture_of_a_decentralised_system/

Still tell me these guys aint heading in the right direction?

Russ

7th Sep 14 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:yawn:
Dom

8th Sep 14 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Issue with CC's is the fact they lack global backing and they're dictated by the miners, which means they're incredibly unstable and have naff all shelf life. If (big if, considering punters are far more cautious now) the currency gets a load of interest, like Bitcoin, then there's potentially money to be made (trading) from the initial wave but as soon as the miners start 'dumping' due to difficulty, then the currency becomes worthless.

Personally, i'd rather stick to the markets for trading.

But otherwise they're great for anonymous transfers to your hitman/gun dealer/drug dealer/pimp/hooker/bride importer
Dan
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's where redd differs. There is no mining. There is staking now.

So nothing is dictated by how much power you can put together. The staking means everyone get 5% gain per year. All the coins are already "mined" so to speak. So there will not be any dumping as its too hard to mine now etc.

The idea is along side the like button on facebook, you can tip people for good posts or a good video etc. Like with youtube, people are making literally millions from being paid by adverts, there will be people getting tipped fortunes.

The new updates should mean any email address can be tipped. so anyone can receive tips. Theres loads more coming.

Social adoption in the masses is never going to happen with other coins as they are. I don't understand half the stuff now, let alone people with no computer knowledge. The redd devs are trying to make ways for it to work for everyone, easily.

Time will tell, but the ideas coming out with this is the only coin which fills me with confidence, that long term adoption is possible.

[Edited on 08-09-2014 by Dan]

Gary
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too complicated for the masses to understand. Reddcoin is a shit name also Imo. Good idea with the tipping thing but I reckon if someone just created a system that did it with real currency it would work well, especially the YouTube thing
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the fucking point?
Brett
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could tip with Doge ages ago and that's still worth naff all lol
Dan
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 05:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Too complicated for the masses to understand. Reddcoin is a shit name also Imo. Good idea with the tipping thing but I reckon if someone just created a system that did it with real currency it would work well, especially the YouTube thing

The complication is whats holding crypto back. This is why redd looks more promising, as they are trying to get round the complicated stuff.

Reddcoin is an odd name, but so was twitter or tumblr when they were first released.

Real currency wont work. far too many different currency exists for it.

It may never work, but with 5 million of them myself, im hoping they at least go up in value to at match the current total value of litecoin for example.

Dan
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 05:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Could tip with Doge ages ago and that's still worth naff all lol

Depend how you look at it. The way red is going to be tipped, will be far easier. As for the value, 22p per 1000 may not seem a lot, but if you invested in them at 1p per 1000 with your £100, you now have £2200...

Dan
Premium Member

4th Nov 14 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest updates: http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2l71mo/review_of_the_last_2_months_and_update_on/

Still believe good things are coming...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Reddcoin 25 database queries in 0.0107770 seconds