corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone from/been to Ireland?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone from/been to Ireland?
kz

User status: Offline
27th Aug 14 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright?

I'm quarter Irish and I've never actually been to Ireland, and I feel like I should. My granddad died many years ago, so I'm unable to get more information... but I contacted my grandma (who I've not seen for a long, long time for reasons I won't go into) anyway she was happy enough to look up some information about where he was from.

Before all I knew was that he was from Kerry, but now I've found out his birth town was a place called Killorglin. Seems like a tiny place, only 2,000 inhabitants! Looks beautiful though...

It seems the 'big thing' there is a 400 year old festival that takes place each year which strangely enough always starts on my birthday, so I'm thinking of doing a 1,200 mile round trip over there next August! Doubt anyone's been but any experiences close to it... or tips how to survive Ireland lol.
gooner_47

28th Aug 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad's side of the family are from Ireland. Nan/grandad/cousins etc live in Kerry, in a place called Tralee. It's a beautiful place. As far as tips go... it always seems to be colder (at least in my nan and grandad's place lol) so dress warm
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 14 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to Sligo and Dublin. Bloody expensive place, good night out and quite laid back :-)
N16K

28th Aug 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For Co Kerry a town population of 2000 is not considered small.
baza31

28th Aug 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half of my family are from over there. I went to either Fermanagh or eniskillin I can't remember (sp) for a funeral on my own . Ended up going into village on my own for a beer ended up meeting loads of people and had 1 of best nights I have ever had . Ended up shagging a nurse with fake tits . Drunk something they called pocheen (sp) blew my head off . I love Ireland I might go over and visit family for a weekend before Xmas .
baza31

28th Aug 14 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I guarantee if you ask about someone will of known your grandad . Everyone seems to know everyone over there . People have a lot more time for people than England
Ricky352

28th Aug 14 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rural Irish towns are hard to beat.

If you like Guniess get a few pints in too.
kz

29th Aug 14 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Also I guarantee if you ask about someone will of known your grandad . Everyone seems to know everyone over there . People have a lot more time for people than England

Kind of the idea! I'm not usually the type of person that's comfortable starting conversations with strangers but I hear everyone's very friendly hoping it's not the kind of place where you go into a pub and the music stops and everyone stars at you lol.
Jamie-C

29th Aug 14 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put a cb aerial on your car and remove the springs and you will fit right in
taylorboosh

30th Aug 14 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We found that a few outside dublin didnt like english when i went to see eminem - few bell ends singing IRA songs and shit when they realised we were english.... Had no real trouble though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone from/been to Ireland? 22 database queries in 0.0093970 seconds