corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Far Cry 4

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Far Cry 4
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Oct 14 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems I am a but behind on this as I've only just seen its coming out soon but it looks awesome!

http://youtu.be/PLt6T-WeToI

Think it might be time for a ps4 to play this on
Balling
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit sad that it basically looks like FC3 in a new setting. Especially given that the FC series has been pretty good at trying on new stuff with each new game.

That said, I can't wait to liberate some outposts.

If you do get it for PS4 I'm up for some co-op, as apparently you can now free roam with two players.

Can even play online co-op with somebody who doesn't own the game.

Gary
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how fc3 plays so I'm not too bothered about that. Co-op free roam sounds good
Reecemac

21st Oct 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like FC3 but felt the island was wasted,a big dense island but you had no real reason to explore it. I enjoyed the hunting and such but they should have hidden various thing worth seeking out. Story got pretty samey too.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were tons of collectibles and hidden details on the islands in FC3.

Not to mention special weapons you got for exploring and doing side missions.

I spent hours just running around the jungle collecting gems, letters and loot caches. Think I spent 120 hours on FC3.

I was always going to get FC4, I was just hoping for more than a mild facelift.

Gary
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it ain't broke. Don't fix it imo.

Really looking forward to it. Not sure how many hours I've out in on fc3 but I'm still playing it now.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pre-ordered.

You getting it for PS4 then Gary?

Gary
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a bit of luck aye. Just need a ps4 first
cunningham

21st Oct 14 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be getting this for PS4 to
Balling
Premium Member

16th Nov 14 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-14-far-cry-4-review

quote:
Far Cry 4 does all the things that its predecessor did and more - more weapons, more vehicles, more modes, more ground to cover - so if all you're looking for is a big old wide open space to tear up with a friend, go forth and make merry with mortar. That said, more does not necessarily mean better, and the truth is that the wilds of Kyrat simply aren't as beguiling as the Rook Islands were. Far Cry 4 is well worth a visit, but it's more a backpacker's delight than a five-star island paradise.

8 / 10
As expected, really.

Looking forward to this showing up next week.

Gary
Premium Member

16th Nov 14 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait. Rammed out with though so no point buying on release date. I'll be a week late on this on i reckon
Nic Barnes

16th Nov 14 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying a ps4 this week
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Nov 14 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing it for a couple days now.

Seems just like farcry 3 tbh.. Its a pretty bad port from console -> pc so will probably feel better on the new consoles.

It doesnt feel like anything to shout about tbh, just samey samey farcry 3 stuff. Same kinda missions, go here kill this, go here clear out that etc etc.

Lots of fancy, un-needed graphics stuff which ive managed to get rid of (thank god).

Gary
Premium Member

17th Nov 14 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Farcry 3 got good wh n I completed it and just free roamed, hopefully fc4 will be the same?
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Nov 14 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought farcry 2 was the best, just the outpost respawning as soon as you turned your back started to grate a little bit, actually thats a lie.. A lot! Hah
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 14 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got around to playing this.

Definitely just a facelift of Far Cry 3. Basically just a graphics boost and a new setting.

It's great fun, though. Played for some three hours and mostly just fucked about, without progressing in the game.

It looks fantastic too. Lighting and shadows is some of the best I've seen. So is the AA, that gives a smooth, grainy look that really suits the setting.

Few (resized) in game screenshots.

Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The game lets you play co-op with other PS4 owners, who don't have the game, so if anybody want to give it a go some time, let me know and I'll send a download code over.

Gary
Premium Member

25th Nov 14 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome. I'll be all over this on Sunday when I have chance! Was supposed to be working but meh, be right.
Y869 SRA

26th Nov 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing this since Sunday. Loving it so far, just running around exploring mostly.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the structure like Alex? Same as fc3? Do a bit of the story or just mess about as you please Kind of thing?
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly like FC3. Except there seem to be a lot more side missions and activities to do, so you get side tracked more easily.

Can for instance redo an outpost right away to try and better your score, so can easily spend an hour or more on just one outpost.

Map seems bigger, but hard to tell for sure.

There's a lot more weapons to choose from.

Like FC3 you level up fairly quickly, so get to feel like a bad ass early on.

A lot of the things like vehicles and enemies are taken straight from FC3, right down to the design.
But then there are new additions like a Hunter class enemy that uses bow and fire-arrows, can't be tagged and uses animals against you.

There's a small chopper that spawns at certain outposts and it's great fun to fly around the map.

That said, I find I'm spending a lot of time on foot just to take in all the landscapes. The game seriously looks phenomenal.

Gary
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fc3 looked great. Still does, even now, so I'm looking forward to this. I just hope you have the map to yourself after completion, same as 3.
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few videos I took today.

Random tiger waiting in the shadows outside my safe house:
http://youtu.be/ceXuht1XPVg

"Helping" people with car trouble:
http://youtu.be/uYAYYs6T49E

And a bit of outpost action:
http://youtu.be/guVZj_oBMMo

Gary
Premium Member

26th Nov 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. Definitely just a re skinned fc3. I'll be on Sunday with a bit of luck
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if it was just the youtube vid but them shadows are waaaaay too dark. There is an issue with the pc version where the sshadows were too dark, just the same as it looks on that video.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll