corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Is anyone knowledgeable with EEPROM / SPI programming?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is anyone knowledgeable with EEPROM / SPI programming?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 14 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok.. I've f**ked up.. I've tried to copy the contents of one SPI chip to another but thankfully I backed both up before starting.

I've got a dash-board with an LCD fault and the replacement one requires programming at a main-dealer so I thought I'd be clever and flash a copy of the SPI memory between the two which has EPICALLY failed ..

The IC in question is a "Microchip 25LC640" and I've been using an in-circuit programming clip with a CH341A programmer..

I've read the original data just fine and I can blank the chip but when I try and flash contents back it jus simply writes garbage and it wont verify..

WTF am I doing wrong? I know CS has its fair share of geeks and I'm hoping someone can help me salvage this situation

[Edited on 30-10-2014 by DaveyLC]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Oct 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LCD "fault"

DaveyLC

30th Oct 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in only half of the pixels (on a good day) on the LCD display work.. Don't worry I'm not faffing with mileage
DaveyLC

31st Oct 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out its a 64kbit SPI EEPROM not a 64mbit one.. Woopsie..
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Nov 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking

New Poll