corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are the best halogen bulbs on the market?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what are the best halogen bulbs on the market?
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Nov 14 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have hid's installed, but recently i've been getting a fail to light issue with the passenger side bulb.

A quick Google suggests it's due to the 'auto lights' function that I always have on for convenience.

Now i'd rather go back to halogen bulbs than lose a function of my car, but want a bulb that will give a nice white light, similar to my 5000K Hid's, without getting blue bulbs if i can help it.

I've seen Philips and osram bulbs, but the good ones are blue. Any ideas?
ShEp

1st Nov 14 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody rates Osram Nightbreakers, But I gave them a go and they were just as pants as every other bulb I tried.
BeetleGav

1st Nov 14 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Philips extreme vision or something on my corsa which were pretty good.

Should have bought a z4 with xenons
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones with xenons didn't have a sport steering wheel and m front bumper

4300k isn't as nice as 5000k anyway
BeetleGav

1st Nov 14 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True. But they don't have bulb errors etc

Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know

Seen Philips white vision which seem to be a new product, but no pics from people who've bought and fitted them.
Chris C

1st Nov 14 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got halfords own "xenon effort" bulb kit for our vectra... Came with headlight bulbs and side lights, think they were about £29.99 and they're brilliant. Give off a nice bright white light.
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Chris, bloke in work bought those, but they still had a yellow tinge to them.

The reason I said I don't want blue bulbs was because I had blue full beam bulbs before (in a reflector housing) so the blue stood out a lot.

I forgot that the headlight bulbs sit inside a projector housing so the blue won't be seen.

Think i'll go with some Philips diamond vision which claim to be 5000k and see how I get on.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 14 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Everybody rates Osram Nightbreakers, But I gave them a go and they were just as pants as every other bulb I tried.

Same here
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok now i'm confused

Just had a browse and found this pic. The diamond vision bulbs look ridiculously blue (i'd say 6000k hid equivilent), whereas the crystal vision bulbs look more like my 5000k hid's from afar, but the close-up of the headlight makes it look very yellow.

Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 14 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is weird the difference up close there. Whats the beef with blue tinge anyway? Is it not cool?
Ben G

1st Nov 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flybikeslee used to take the piss out of my motor because of the blue bulbs.

Been put off them ever since
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 14 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha fair enough. There's having the piss took, then there's having the piss took on the internet. Hurts.
BeetleGav

1st Nov 14 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But lee dresses in a power ranger pimp suit while riding his snot green bike.... AND drives a honda. Don't listen to him

I don't think them bulbs will look overly blue in person IMO.
MatthewR

2nd Nov 14 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue bulbs in cars that never came with them is nearly as bad as LED washer jets IMO. Cheap mod
ShEp

2nd Nov 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't change mine to make them blue, I just find that the brighter stuff is blue and it's something you can't get away from really.

At the end of the day, I can see where I'm going 10 times better with my h.i.d's that I could with halogen. And at 5000k the blue tint is minimal, but if it pisses anyone off, it's their problem not mine
Ben G

2nd Nov 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo's gonna have your guts for garters with that comment

I'm edging towards crystal vision tbh. Will miss the hid's but not worth the grief.
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you looking for best light output or best look (ie. colour of the light)?

Reason I ask is that the Philips one are likely the best looking in that they have a blue tint on the bulb, which will make the colour a bit cooler.
The tint also makes the light a bit less intense, though.

I might not even be noticeable in real world tests, but it's worth considering.

Also I don't believe the Philips bulbs are actually road legal, but I can't see you getting pulled for them either.

Balling
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth noting that tinted bulbs typically have a significantly shorter life span, due to them getting hotter, but might be that Philips have found a way around this.

Ben G

2nd Nov 14 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not massively bothered about light output Kyle. Obviously i'd prefer more than less but I also don't want yellow lights

I did notice the Philips ones aren't road legal as such. Been fine with my hid's though so don't see an issue there.
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Nov 14 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Not massively bothered about light output Kyle. Obviously i'd prefer more than less but I also don't want yellow lights
Kyle?

Yeah, I think all the extra powerful bulbs, like the Night Breakers, are around 3500k, so going to look a lot warmer than those Philips.

I've ordered Night Breakers for the Juke, so going to do a comparison pic between those, regular halogens and the 4300k xenons in the honda when I get them fitted.

Ben G

3rd Nov 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry Balling, not sure where Kyle came from
SXI - Matt

3rd Nov 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you ordering then not sure what to order myself
Ben G

3rd Nov 14 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not sure I don't need them until the weekend as that's when i'll be attempting to sort out my stuck headlight beam on the offside, so got a bit of time left to debate some more.

Leaning towards crystal vision though. Diamond may be a bit much.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 04:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the Night Breaker bulbs are slightly whiter than regular bubls, but it's not something you're ever going to notice unless compared side by side.

Night Breaker on the right:

[Edited on 06-11-2014 by Balling]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are the best halogen bulbs on the market? 23 database queries in 0.0150900 seconds