corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New a new headunit for the Scooby??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New a new headunit for the Scooby??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Nov 14 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to get around to replacing this

Bought the car without a stereo (previous owner had an aftermarket one but sold it to his friend before selling the car to me) which i didnt mind as i used that to get a lower price

Anyway, i know the standard units on these are woeful at the best of times but think its time to get it sorted.

Looks to have the stereo frame already in place, just needs a new unit plugging in

Only problem is i have not messed around with and sound systems or (ICE ) for nearly 10 years as iv never needed to with the track car

Been playing music out of my phone when i drive the scoob, which has been made do but want a headunit now

Any good suggestions?? budget of around £200 or less ideally, im not after anything too flash, just something decent thats relativley easy to fit
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an oem one if you decide you want one

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nic Barnes

6th Nov 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a pioneer in my van, its great. not too expensive either and my phone plugs in to play the music from it.

my only advice is to get one that matches the colours of the dials
taylorboosh

6th Nov 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to halfords - buy a bluetooth one - they fit free dont they?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have a think, how much kyle??

wont lie im half interested but want something aftermarket, i know this sounds childish but always wanted one with a flip out screen, seen a few on ebay with satnav built in, would be mega handy for trips to the 'ring
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

thats my plan but have no clue what one to get
taylorboosh

6th Nov 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick to the main names and buy the one with the best spec/offer - if you arent going full on install then a headunit is a headunit
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sat Nav ones tend to blow the budget from what I've seen.

There are those App streaming ones though, basically acts as a touch screen monitor for your phone/tablet.

You can have mine for 30quid, completely pulled that price out of my ass... Dunno what they're worth

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm might a bit of a search tonight as im completely clueless, just thought someone might have some better ideas

only just seen they come with satnav built in, not the end of the world if i can stretch to that as i usually use my phone for that anyway, being able to play music and make calls via bluetooth would be nice though as i have that in my company car

cheers Kyle, will def keep yours in mind as a last resort

any recommendations are welcome though people
--ToM--

6th Nov 14 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got one in my cav 7.5" flip out screen aux usb sat nav DVD touch screen etc plays music from my phone through Bluetooth no cables same with calls etc only a Chinese thing I took out of a car I took in part ex and sold again had no use for it so threw it in the cav great piece of kit to be fair
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

cheers Kyle, will def keep yours in mind as a last resort

I do like being a last resort, you do know how to talk to a girl

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why get a flip out screen when it's a double din anyway?
Aleex

7th Nov 14 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpine all day
nathy_87

7th Nov 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpine or Pioneer.
pow
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have an iPod (not phone?)
neil h

7th Nov 14 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Changing a headunit in an impreza is a 5 minute job and it only needs a wiring adaptor if you go with a double din unit. Not sure i'd trust Halfords not to find a way to cock it up tbh.
Dom

7th Nov 14 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Alpine or Pioneer.

This! Although it'll be tight to get a decent double-din for £200.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Alpine or Pioneer.

This! Although it'll be tight to get a decent double-din for £200.

meh theres a bit of room in the budget if i want (done well at the bookies last week )

spose some people are right if its double din, then worth getting full screen one i suppose
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One argument pro-single DIN would be that you'd have somewhere to relocate your clock to when you fit your gauges

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
One argument pro-single DIN would be that you'd have somewhere to relocate your clock to when you fit your gauges

true....but the radio might be able to show the time kyle
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my solution

You can get "gauge style" timeclocks from RSpec. Might swap my boost gauge for one, never look at the damn thing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

personally think getting rid of that cheap ass lookin clock altogether isn't a bad thing lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

personally think getting rid of that cheap ass lookin clock altogether isn't a bad thing lol

like ive said, pretty sure the new headunit can cover the job of being a clock, been looking at the double din ones, some decent ones around, might have to stretch a little but not too worried, about what i expected to spend
Brett
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to think that thing was the biggest let down of the interior
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's much better in red

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New a new headunit for the Scooby?? 23 database queries in 0.0147381 seconds