corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Hatch Time Attack

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brands Hatch Time Attack
AK

User status: Offline
10th Nov 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent seen any topics yet. The RA guys did well with their own car and Jason's supported car. Good end to the season.

I was down having a bash in the wifes car as mine was still not ready. Never driven Brands before, so prob all over the shop

Some vids

My round 6 final - http://youtu.be/aywfEr8nvw8
[video=youtube_share;aywfEr8nvw8]http://youtu.be/aywfEr8nvw8[/video]

My Night final - http://youtu.be/s_yuiZ7tyfw
[video=youtube_share;s_yuiZ7tyfw]http://youtu.be/s_yuiZ7tyfw[/video]

Pics

Time Attack Championship - Brands Hatch Indy

A lot of firsts, and some positives from the day. I was pretty disappointed with my laps on the day to be honest, but looking through the times it would suggest everyone was having the same issues, not just me! No grip, traffic etc.

Warmup - went out on 3yr old ZZRs and suspension as it was last time Fee used the car. Wow.... slipperiest car/track I've been on. Not much to write about in this session as I was trying to work out the circuit LOL

Practice - Wet again, but on 3yr old 888s with some flat spotting issues. Softer suspension, and a better idea where I was going. Still all over the place but shaved a couple of secs off the time.

Qualifying - Really frustrated about this session. I missed the boat and went out well down the order which meant I could'nt get space on the first lap. I could feel more grip on that lap, but the rain was getting heavier, and red flags meant there was no chance of matching the top guys who all set quick laps on there first flyers. Mental note to get out of the garage quicker! My quickest lap was the last lap!

Final - firmed up suspension, but still a venture into the unknown with dry lines on most of the track. Graham Hill and Clearways were still a bit slippery. I missed the first half of the final with an inlet pipe that had popped off and was restricting boost. This meant half the time to work out where the dry lines/braking points should be. Doh! I came in after the session a bit flat... it felt like I could have gone 2 or 3 secs faster as I was still finding more and more grip with each lap. I was braking less and less for Surtees every lap, and sure I could take it in the dry with just a lift. Paddock was getting better and better too, but was still turing in too early for a lot of corners I think. Maybe next time

4th or 5th Overall I think, fastest OHW on the day.

Thanks to everyone that helped out Simon&#65279; (and Matty/Mark), Steven&#65279; (and friends), Paul&#65279;, Mathew&#65279; (and Andrew) and to Fiona&#65279; for not complaining too much when I told her that her car was required I'm sure I would have prob pushed harder in mine.... faster? Maybe, Maybe not LOL

[Edited on 10-11-2014 by AK]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Nov 14 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good effort AK seen all the pics on fbook

Was pissed i had to work as i wanted to go to this, missed out on the public track time too (although my scooby brakes still arent done lol)
Graham88

13th Nov 14 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a shame how slippery it was as for spectating point of view it would have been better if it was dry. Looked great fun though!
AK

13th Nov 14 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, i would have loved for it to have either been raining all day, or dry all day.

I was learning the circuit in the wet, then there was a dry line for the final. I then had 8-10mins to ry and work out where the lines are grip were
Graham88

13th Nov 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did very well considering! 53 is awesome
AK

13th Nov 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was pretty with the time as I wanted a 51-52 LOL.... but after having a look at things after wards it isnt so bad and I've cheered up a bit.

Fiona was 0.01s faster than me with a 640bhp GTR in 2010 (she'd done a full days testing before hand too).

The cars that finished in front of me all have around 700bhp to my 480bhp

My VBOX logs show I was doing sectors for a mid 52, but struggled to get clear laps
Toby
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some great pics and vids. Looked like you had fun.

Would love to get into some sort of series like time attack. Just don't have the budget (read: any).
Graham88

13th Nov 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar to how Ronnie Amis must feel with the pony 300bhp in that golf yet put up against the big power Evo's/Skylines because of his gearbox! But that is a very respectable time given the conditions
RichR
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy at work was down with the exige that crashed.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
A guy at work was down with the exige that crashed.

Im sure his build thread is on Piston Heads. Mass of aero?
RichR
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly, Not seen the car or him-just know a guy who was down acting as his mechanic. Possibly a lot of carbon on his exige as Warren and I work for a composites firm.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1300762&mid=187494&nmt=Lotus+Exige+S1+Turbo

RichR
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he crash at brands?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Did he crash at brands?

Yup apparently a catch failed which caused the front to have more down force and the rear lifted and then he crashed.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Nov 14 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the one then.
Lee_fr200

13th Nov 14 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks horrid that thing!
SVM 286

14th Nov 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Was a shame how slippery it was as for spectating point of view it would have been better if it was dry. Looked great fun though!

Gray, were you there in your E46 and was it parked nearish the Brands track day cars display just along from the Kentagon?
Graham88

14th Nov 14 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate :-) was in the show & shine section

SVM 286

18th Nov 14 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I popped down there really late to catch the last half hour of what was running and I spotted this lovely red M3.

Then I spotted the wheels and the cage and then the reg number.

I thought, if it wasn't your car, i'd be a bloody Chinaman

She looks lovely in the flesh mate Sits beautifully and those wheels suit it superbly.

Sorry to have missed Adam running though Didn't even know he was making the massive haul down to run.

Weather was atrocious though, which added to my already disappointed status of the Britcar Night Race being cancelled, which is what i've been down there on that night for, the previous nine years. Proper shame. Was my favourite event of the whole year.

Hope it comes back next year and this isn't the shape of things to come.
Graham88

18th Nov 14 at 04:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate Not too many red ones about.

I hope they do it again next year. It was good fun even with the weather, just be more entertaining to watch if it's dry.
Lee_fr200

18th Nov 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a page with rules and car regs?

Also are you allowed your own sponsorship on the cars or just their partners
Graham88

19th Nov 14 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to email about regs, for club it's pretty much:
Road tyres no slicks
Run time attacks sticker pack
Painted towing eyes
Fire extinguisher (doesn't have to be a plumbed in one)

You don't even need a cage!
Lee_fr200

19th Nov 14 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool,
Lee_fr200

19th Nov 14 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from their stickers are you allowed your own sponsors? As I suppose for some racers they use their own companies
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Nov 14 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
Apart from their stickers are you allowed your own sponsors? As I suppose for some racers they use their own companies

You can do what ever else to your car as long as it's not a battered piece of shit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Brands Hatch Time Attack 22 database queries in 0.0136552 seconds