corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lexus IS200 Sport.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lexus IS200 Sport.....
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 14 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, with my 1st kid due start of February it was time to get something more suiting and sensible. Always fancied an IS200 and it fitted the criteria (£1k ish, reliable, safe, comfortable, gadgety) and nothing else seemed to come close. Sold the 205 a while back and had a few cheap runners in between. 1st up was a mk4 Golf 20vt.

Quite liked it. Drove great, was comfy, good on fuel. Was a 2 owner car with 94k on it and stacks of history. Made a profit on it when I sold it.

Next in line was a 206 Gti 180. Was after a Clio 172 but couldn't find a decent 1. Missed out on a cracker of a P1 so gave up the search and took a punt on the 206. Wish I didn't bother tbh as i had to spend money fixing it twice and it was horrendous on fuel. Like very low 20mpg around town.

Looked ok and the seats are nice but nothing much else going for them. Power was crap under 5k but above that was fun. Sold it and for the 1st time in as long as I can mind lost about £200 on it. Was lucky to get rid as it was a 12 owner car with no history.

Then it was onto the Lexus. Nice car in all honesty. Fully loaded and drives friggin awesome. Not the quickest of cars but still has a bit shove if you use the gears when pushing on. Not as slow as folk make out IMO. Nice kick at 4.5k and sounds lovely taking it up to the top of the rev range. 6 speed box takes a bit of getting used to, feels like your forever changing gear. Just factory Sport spec but has the Eibach/TTE springs fitted.

Munchie

4th Dec 14 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate looks tidy. I had a 52 plate 300 and loved it! If you need any advice or help give me a shout!! I did have some niggly problems but all were sorted

Super built machines
pow
Premium Member

4th Dec 14 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just love the dashboards on them!
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

4th Dec 14 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant cars. Also had an is200 £500 and 2 years trouble free driving out of it, great to drive.
Ended up part ex'ing for an is250

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Andrew

4th Dec 14 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always thought these were shocking on fuel?
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has saxo lights......

Always liked them they drive quite well.
Corsa_Sport21

5th Dec 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it's too bad on fuel tbh. Had 1/4 of a tank on Tuesday and been using it daily with 1 long-ish journey and the rest just around town, back and forth to work etc and it's still got plenty left in it. I'd say it was on par with the 2.6 V6 Vectra I had, maybe even slightly better. Internet would suggest they are shit on fuel, but IMO it's no where near as bad as made out. Mate had 1 for his 2nd car and never complained it used a lot of fuel either.
Bonney

5th Dec 14 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to love mine, kind of regret selling it bud needed something more economical with doing near on 200 miles a week.

Still have an iPod interface hanging about somewhere for one of these.
deano87

6th Dec 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 owner car!
_Allan_

6th Dec 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
12 owner car!

Same Bradford family though.
Corsa_Sport21

6th Dec 14 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 206 was a 12 owner car, Lexus is 7 with at least 1 being a pak1 called Mahmood lol, true story.
AndyCorsaSport

7th Dec 14 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such dirt cheap cars tbh. Seen one other day local 120k for £795. Lot of car for money.
Corsa_Sport21

7th Dec 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This set me back £1k. On 115k miles with fsh and stacks of receipts. Could have had it for £450 a week previous to buying it but it needed 3 coil packs and possibly a couple of other bits so walked away. Other guy who was viewing at same time bought it and done the work.
GB123
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then sold it immediately?
Corsa_Sport21

7th Dec 14 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but that's what he does for a living.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lexus IS200 Sport..... 23 database queries in 0.0107281 seconds